GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was a post on how a 70 series tire didn't work well with the traxion setup. I have looked and looked, but can't find it now. Since winter is almost here I am thinking of pulling the rear shock and sending it down for a rebuild. I really don't want to give up the 70 rear tire. Was the problem only with the rear shock change or with the complete change? Any help? Brian.

·
Vendor
2,335 Posts
Hi Brian,

The problem wasn't fitment. Everything still fits up fine. Overall the steering becomes more aggressive, and much more like a sportbike than a touring bike.

We have a couple of ways around that if you want to keep your 70 tire.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
motobear1400 said:
A while back there was a post on how a 70 series tire didn't work well with the traxion setup. I have looked and looked, but can't find it now. Since winter is almost here I am thinking of pulling the rear shock and sending it down for a rebuild. I really don't want to give up the 70 rear tire. Was the problem only with the rear shock change or with the complete change? Any help? Brian.
A friend of mine has the full Traxxion upgrade front and back and he runs the 70 series rear tire. He says he likes it. I rode his bike briefly to dial in his Yellow Box and I didn't really notice much of any difference in my short ride. I would just do the upgrade, and try it out for yourself and if you don't like the feel you could just change the back tire back to 60 series.

I one thing I did have to do to his bike with the Traxxion upgrade and the 70 series rear tire was to add a 1/2 inch stainless plate, shaped to fit the bottom of his Kury sidestand because the bike sits higher and the stock side stand allows the bike to lean over to far on the stock sidestand.

I even added a longer than stock fish sidestand to my bike that also has the Traxxion upgrade front and back because even with the 60 series back tire my bike leaned too far over on it's sidestand IMO. With the longer fish sidestand my bike now leans on it's sidestand just like it did when the bike was stock.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
If you set Traxxion you wont even miss the 70...whatever comfort the 70 give Traxxion more than makes up for it...

I found that the 70 plus traxxion, made the bike too high for me

If you find that post you are looking for what happens is that the ass of the Wing in riding too high and causes the rear to flutter at high speed--well, something close to what I said...if you ask Max, he 'll be glad to repeat for you...I experience the 70 was not steady at high speed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts