GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one switched from the 1.2 to the 1.1 with the Traxxion suspension and was it an improvement in ride quality? I just returned from a 1200 mile trip to Maine and I'm torn between the two,sometimes I feel the spring isn't absorbing the bump like it should and moving the bike off track .Riding one up you can really notice the bumps, I had the 1.2 springs in my 02 wing and switched to the 1.1 springs and it made a big difference but that was a totally stock suspension.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Did you specify what total weight you use, two people vs. one person? Have a 1200 on mine. Think it still was an improvement over stock. Want a "BIG comfortable ride"! Use a car tire. At least try riding one to compare!

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Having my 07 stock suspension upgraded Monday at Midwest and am trying to decide on 1.1 or 1.2 springs so I'll watch this thread with interest.

Fred

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you specify what total weight you use, two people vs. one person? Have a 1200 on mine. Think it still was an improvement over stock. Want a "BIG comfortable ride"! Use a car tire. At least try riding one to compare!
LOL,I did that and have the car tire,its the front not the back,Traxxion told the installer 1.2 even though I had misgivings about it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
What does Traxxion have to say about it? Seems to me that is who I would ask. IMHO
Kurt :nojoke:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does Traxxion have to say about it? Seems to me that is who I would ask. IMHO
Kurt :nojoke:
Motovation Cycles in MD did the install and I just thought them and Traxxion are the experts so I just went with what they thought and they may be right. Switching to the 1.1 springs won't cost me anything I just don't want to make a mistake thats why I'm asking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts