GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Road Hog said:
[quote="Max McAllister":1rn9h0hy]"Straight Rate".

:wink:

Also sometimes called "Linear Rate".
Could progressive springs be put in the cartridges?[/quote:1rn9h0hy]

It's technically "on" the cartridges.

I would have to see some. Our Omni Spring System we use with the AK-20 actually drops over a lip so that it is "located" on the cartridge and cannot shift side to side. I don't know if a Progressive Spring will fit over it and be centered nicely.

But I can check the next time we take a set out.

That isn't meant to be funny! :wink:

Phil Flack (the Progressive Guy) wants to try that. He will have some of our cartridges with him at rallies next year.

As to how they would work... I suppose they would work pretty good. But we have had more than a few listers here report just swapping from progressive to straight rate Traxxion springs and all have reported preferring the straight rate springs.

The progressives would definitely be better than the Race Techs. Their springs are only .90kg/mm. This is WAY off. This is what we put in a 375lb SV650.

RT in fact recommends a .85 spring for the SV. How do you suppose it makes sense to only put one spring rate stiffer in a bike that weighs 2 1/2 times as much! :shock:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max McAllister said:
[quote="Road Hog":2z53ch4q][quote="Max McAllister":2z53ch4q]"Straight Rate".

:wink:

Also sometimes called "Linear Rate".
Could progressive springs be put in the cartridges?[/quote:2z53ch4q]

It's technically "on" the cartridges.

I would have to see some. Our Omni Spring System we use with the AK-20 actually drops over a lip so that it is "located" on the cartridge and cannot shift side to side. I don't know if a Progressive Spring will fit over it and be centered nicely.

But I can check the next time we take a set out.

That isn't meant to be funny! :wink:

Phil Flack (the Progressive Guy) wants to try that. He will have some of our cartridges with him at rallies next year.

As to how they would work... I suppose they would work pretty good. But we have had more than a few listers here report just swapping from progressive to straight rate Traxxion springs and all have reported preferring the straight rate springs.

The progressives would definitely be better than the Race Techs. Their springs are only .90kg/mm. This is WAY off. This is what we put in a 375lb SV650.

RT in fact recommends a .85 spring for the SV. How do you suppose it makes sense to only put one spring rate stiffer in a bike that weighs 2 1/2 times as much! :shock:[/quote:2z53ch4q]

Did you ever find this infomation out Max?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Installing the Traxxion springs is the biggest band for your buck of all the things you can do to a Wing. MAx should be charging double what he is now. The marked improvement is that drastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts