GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've succumbed. I've come to believe that the Traxxion upgrade will not only make the ride feel better, but make it safer as well. What I'm still unsure of is whether these benefits require the full treatment, or just the front end mods. I'd love to hear from those of you that actually have the mods, and from Max. TIA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff,

If you can see your way to do both that is the best way. I have approx 26,000 miles on my complete set up. I traded bikes with a friend so he could see what it was like, well when I went into the corner on his bike I was hanging on. I took the same curve about a week later with my bike and felt more than comfortable.

On the rear shock, I used to run about 8-11 on shock, now I run 2, even when pulling the trailer I run a 2. With SO on back and the trailer I run about an 8 and that is only for my own piece of mind.

I raced an SV 650 years ago and had a Penske shock on it from Max, it made all the difference. What ever bike I get next I will probably upgrade the suspension with Traxxion. It has made that much difference.

Roger

·
Registered
525 Posts
I installed the rear first then the forks, so I experienced the ride with just the rear and then the whole suspension. The rear alone took the harshness away for the pillion and made the rear wheel feel planted and smooth in power application and cornering. Plus, I was surprised to find myself cornering sharper without effort.

Then, the front finished the job. Took away the high compression jolts on manholes, tar snakes, driveway lips, etc. Someone else said it made the bike handle like it was 300 lbs lighter. I would agree.

Since I imagine that you are already planning on the front, I would testify that the rear makes a very significant difference.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
FWIW, Fred did the rear first and now did the front. If you split it up for whatever reason, do the rear first, then the front....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just did the rear a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is WOW! Ditto to everything gpick stated above. It's one of the best investments I've made to the bike.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
At the very least, upgrade the rear shock and install a set of fork springs matched to your riding needs and change the fork oil.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Roadie said:
At the very least, upgrade the rear shock and install a set of fork springs matched to your riding needs and change the fork oil.
+1 A very big bang for the buck. Even more so if you can do it yourself. The rear is not hard at all. Removing the forks it easy. Taking the forks apart is probably not hard either. Just messy.

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I have both the front and back from Traxxion and couldn't be happier. I am getting ready to head that way for them to do my second fork oil change since July 23. :) I am looking forward to trying out their new rear shock.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Shiela, Just got mine back from Max yesterday. WOW, is all I can say. That new shock is somethig else. I am going riding today. I will give a full report on what I think and feel about it tonite.

I hope your doing good. When you come down here, let Paul and I know so we can meet you for lunch. I have only gotten to talk to you for just a short period of time. I know you and Paul enjoy each other.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Max McAllister said:
My opinion:

DON'T DO IT!!!!

:twisted: :1st:
O.K. Max, you haven't twisted my arm hard enough either...I think I'm still on track to get 'er done....no don't try to talk me out of it...Question for you...is there a service center in the South Florida area that can do this install? If not I see you are in Georgia (Road Trip, my wife gonna love that) what is the turn around time for a front/rear upgrade to schedule time off from work for the drive up?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I noticed my sex improved quite bit after installing Traxxion.

Now mind you, I drove a pretty high tech rod as it was. It was difficult to imagine how my fo'krs could gain more efficacy given the genetic enginerring design prompted by state of the art Latin engineering--who specialize in this kind of products.

However, it is true. A full set of Traxxion does improve even the best pumping piston designed in Latin America. I ride smoother, longer, I can take deeper holes, I take those curves tighter than ever....

The only criticism I have is that I dont hit bottom like I used to...heck, you cant have everything!

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
[quote="Max McAllister":1uq2299p]My opinion:

DON'T DO IT!!!!

:twisted: :1st:
O.K. Max, you haven't twisted my arm hard enough either...I think I'm still on track to get 'er done....no don't try to talk me out of it...Question for you...is there a service center in the South Florida area that can do this install? If not I see you are in Georgia (Road Trip, my wife gonna love that) what is the turn around time for a front/rear upgrade to schedule time off from work for the drive up?[/quote:1uq2299p]

It`s about 6 hours if we know your coming, and you are there at 9 when we open up.

Sorry, no dealer in S FL. :cry:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Max & I.M.Winginit,

There's a squid shop on S.R. 84 eastbound between Flamingo and Hiatus Rd. that could probably do the installs in SoFlo for Traxxion. I wish I could remember the name of the shop....

Board member Travel_Man is friendly with the shop's owner and I used to get my tires installed there.
I wish somebody would contact these guys and get them in touch with Max.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, if I wasn't convinced by the rest of you, Nando sealed the deal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the way out here in Southern California, I'm lucky to have an official installer within 75 miles of my home. They'll get the call today, and we'll get the process rolling. I knew I wanted to do this, I just needed a little reassurance before comitting the $$$$. Thank you all for your comments.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Max & I.M.Winginit,

There's a squid shop on S.R. 84 eastbound between Flamingo and Hiatus Rd. that could probably do the installs in SoFlo for Traxxion. I wish I could remember the name of the shop....

Board member Travel_Man is friendly with the shop's owner and I used to get my tires installed there.
Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try...when I contact them I'll forward the information to Max...If I can't find them guess I'll take a road trip...

:biker:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
[quote="Arn Butt Bill":gqbsx5j5]Max & I.M.Winginit,

Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try...when I contact them I'll forward the information to Max...If I can't find them guess I'll take a road trip...

:biker:[/quote:gqbsx5j5]Great; they do quality work.
Their address is 113_ _ SR-84. I think the owner is named Marcos.
Don't get confused with the HD boutique next door...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Over 20K and counting with the full setup (including allballs and Kury fork brace).

Do it all and you will be happy about spending every cent. I would do it all over again.

Chuck
MBD

1 - 20 of 43 Posts