GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to send out kuddos to Traxxion. I called them Monday about a quality control issue with an item I purchased at Wing Ding in Tulsa a year ago July. Didn't know what to expect as the part was over a year old but wanted to visit with them about the problem.

Long story short, replacement at no charge showed up on my front porch via FedEx on Wednesday. Just replaced and the old one is in the box to ship back today.

Before you pounce, it didn't take me a year to notice the problem, it was a longevity issue.

Thanks Traxxion for more than I probably had a right to expect!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good to read something good about a company. Seems all too often people are quick to criticize but slow to complement. Glad they took care of you.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Here's my experience: I tried to make the SMRI 3 this year, but was forced back by an intense cold my wife was suffering. My appointment with Traxxion in Woodstock to replace the fork oil wasn't until another week, after SMRI 3, but I tried to bring it up earlier when we decided to head back home.

They took me in the next day, but while there, upon inspection, they noticed that my rear Traxxion shock was shot. It only had 40 thousand miles on it, and it wasn't due for service for another 10 thousand.

Upon my consent, they replaced the rear shock at no charge other than labor.

I thought that I had done good with their excellent customer service.

Thanks Traxxion! :thumbup:

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
LOL

My "Traxxion" Thread got deleted..... Hope yours does too, nothing personal....

Matt(BCNV):popcorn:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL

Don't be a hater Matt, :lol:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Seems like a lot of Traxxion failed products

·
Registered
556 Posts
OOOOOO! he said the "T" word!:22yikes:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was told to service the Traxxion front suspension around 18,000 miles and the Traxxion rear shock around 36,000 miles.

Note that the rear shock carries a "load" of more than half the bike weight plus rider, passenger, trunk and saddle bag contents and trailer tongue weight. The light weights among us put much less wear and tear on the seals and bearings than those more amply proportioned.

YMMV

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
LOL

This won't last long! :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ain't scarred...Going to have them convert my wing next spring while I'm in the area for another event...Sounds like if you have a problem with their product they stand behind it...There has to be failures of other brands as well, but it seems that Traxxion is the one people like to beat up on...I read allot about Traxxion here on this site and if you got the bucks...they got the know how to set up a suspension...it's true you can get a comparable suspension elsewhere, and even the owner of Traxxion has said so in other posts...but I like company's that stand behind their products as well as the full service shop and reasonable install rates. Yep...I will definitely do business with Traxxion...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I ain't scarred...Going to have them convert my wing next spring while I'm in the area for another event...Sounds like if you have a problem with their product they stand behind it...There has to be failures of other brands as well, but it seems that Traxxion is the one people like to beat up on...I read allot about Traxxion here on this site and if you got the bucks...they got the know how to set up a suspension...it's true you can get a comparable suspension elsewhere, and even the owner of Traxxion has said so in other posts...but I like company's that stand behind their products as well as the full service shop and reasonable install rates. Yep...I will definitely do business with Traxxion...
While I have not had to take my bike back to Traxxion for anything I will say that they told me if memory serves me that they only had something like a 30 day warranty on their products. Of course that does not really mean anything in this day and age since i work for a company that has the same basic warranty but we have replaced product due to issues to keep everything positive on the marketing front.
Hopefully I will never have to call them and complain about the work they have done. I can only state that I have been very pleased with the performance of the suspension, especially when riding two up in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys guys, it was not a failed product. It was a failed finish on the product which continued to serve its' primary design function quite well, just didn't look great doing it. Traxxion was kind enough to immediately volunteer to replace the entire product after more than a year has expired. when I called and simply told them what had happened.

Any of the vendors who pay to do business on this forum have to expect the bad along with the good. If they can't stand the heat they need to get out of the fire. In this case, the word was good and well deserved.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Good to read something good about a company. Seems all too often people are quick to criticize but slow to complement. Glad they took care of you.
Good point. FWIW, I have had good Cust Svc from DLP, Mick-O-Pegs, F4, Shinhopples (Bulldog), Electrical Connections and Tulsa.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts