GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Traxxion full package installed on Fri April 10. Rode the bike to Woodstock, GA (the home of Traxxion Dynamics). The install took about 5 hours as promised. My bike is a 01 with 64K miles. I have done a lot of two up riding and pulled a trailer, so the suspension had seen quite a bit of heavy use. The handling and comfort of the bike had deteriorated to the point, where I almost dreaded getting on the bike.
The results of the Traxxion system are fantastic. The handling and comfort have returned to a like new condition, if not better. I put a new set of Bridgestone’s on the bike just before the Traxxion install, and now the bike rides like it's locked on rails. It is stable, smooth, inspires confidence in curves, and most importantly made my co rider much happier with the comfort on the back. My passenger is hard to please when it comes to aftermarket accessories; she thinks most are a waste of money. Needless to say I was pleased when she said she could tell a major difference with the new suspension.
As far as aftermarket stuff goes, this is the BEST money I have ever spent. The Traxxion system delivers everything promised.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is one of the best investments I have made on my bike. At the time I was skeptical about spending that kind of money. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hal

·
Registered
263 Posts
My Story...

My story is this...

Bought the 07 ABS in June 07. Rode it to work in DC and was thrilled to have a "New" Wing. After only three days, I started to have pains in my back and neck and had a feeling that I was getting beat up by my new ride. I parked the new bike for a couple of days as the roads were "Beating the Crap" out of me and I was wondering why the "New" high tech bike was beating up it's owner.

Went to Motovation Cycles in Mechanicsville, MD and took Dan's bike to work the next day. He advised me that I should notice a difference right away. After getting his bike back to him, I stated that I did not notice a worthwhile difference.

So...I get on my bike and go home. Rode to work the next day as I did before. After getting home that night, I realized what I had was riding.
Called Dan the next morning and made the appointment for the "Full Works" from TD.

The next week all was installed and once I rode to work once or twice, I realized that the $2,500+ was "Well worth it"! The wife noticed a huge difference as she did not get the bone crushing Hammering from below anymore.

It's been said before on this site many times...Those who do not want the TD setup have never ridden with it.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
There are some folks who just think they "know" about what will and won't work and what will and won't improve things. And they "know" it without even trying them. They must be really smart.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Paul I dont really know what to think of your statement maybe I fit into that category but only you would know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Traxxion

You can bet I'll have the setup on my 08 as soon as I get my SO on her new spyder next week. Have to save my pennies for about three months:eek:4: but then I will get it done.:thumbup: I by then the govt will be ready to bail me out since I'm retired on a fixed income. Just think 40,000 comedians out of work here in Florida and I'm making jokes!

Ride em safe...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts