GL1800Riders Forums banner

TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT, HONDA GL1800

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  doug of no fl 
#1 ·
Helllo,
My goldwing 1800, 2006 has about 55000 miles i don't think the forks had ever been serviced, Goolgle and read about GL 1800 i found TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT, HONDA GL1800 Traxxion Dynamics Fork Spring Kit, Honda GL1800 - Traxxion Dynamics
I am not sure what kind of springs i have in mine my questions:
Do you just need TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT, and just replace the old one anything extra need to be done to the forks .
Can i do it myself if not can any local mechanic can do it ?
Any idea what the cost of that if any one has done this before

Thank you

#2 ·
I have done this with my 07. Working with Traxxion was very simple. Just give them a call & they will direct you on what YOU want to do!! No pressure, they will take your info, weight and your ride preference and give you the correct spring rate for your weight.

I just did the front springs and I had the bushing kits & seals from Honda and did the install myself. A shop helped me with the rebuild of the shocks as they had the tools. I think you can ship Traxxion your shocks and they will rebuild if if you want also. You can go as far as you want with their service and parts. You can just buy the springs and drop them in with shocks on the wing but I would not do that, not worth it. You need to change fluid and seals & bushings & inspect ect

I weigh 165 so they picked a different shock than I would have and they are perfect. I did not do the rear as I usually ride single and don't carry to much xtra weight.

Your 55000mi on your Wing front shocks, imho, and many others, are due for new springs and while apart you may as well rebuild them and put some good fluid in them. What ever you choose it will be better than stock. Give them a call I am just another VERY satisfied customer. Ride Safe & Enjoy the ride!!!

#3 ·
YA WHAT DOUG SAID !!! I HAVE IN 2014 WING NEW SEALS / BUSHINGS / OIL / SPRINGS !

Reactions: Goldie204
#4 ·
Thank you for your reply just another question not understanding shop will rebuild of the shocks , i taught once i get TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT all i have to do is take everything that in my forks and put the traxxion one.
You think is better have traxxion install everything for me or should i take it to my local mechanic?

Thank you

#5 ·
You have to decide what YOU want to do. You can just put springs in your self or have a mechanic do it. If you have tools and knowledge of how to do it, go ahead and do it yourself. We do not know your situation? or experience with the wing. I & most others would not just drop in springs under normal circumstances. You need to put in new Honda slide bushings and seals in the lower part of the leg imho. they are not included with the springs. They can come in a kit with all the parts from Honda dealers, or Wingstuff or Traxxion could supply them if you had them do it.

Your best move would be to call Traxxion and have them explain to you what is your best way to do the job they are very helpful & have more knowledge than anyone else. Hope this helps..

Thank you for your reply just another question not understanding shop will rebuild of the shocks , i taught once i get TRAXXION DYNAMICS FORK SPRING KIT all i have to do is take everything that in my forks and put the traxxion one.
You think is better have traxxion install everything for me or should i take it to my local mechanic?

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.