GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 200 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I asked the members here what they thought of the Kuryakyn Front Fork Brace.....8 out of 10 said it is worthless hype, wasn't needed, or didn't work.

Well...guess what....the owner of Traxxion Dynamics puts a Kuryakyn Fork Brace on EVERY single Goldwing front fork upgrade he builds!!

He has the proof that it works, and improves the handling of the Goldwing after extensive internal modifications of the fork tubes.....he has a video out just posted here that shows him talking about it.

So...I think a man who makes his living doing suspension and performance upgrades must know what he is talking about...he has invested thousands of dollars in CNC equipment for his shop......and I haven't heard of a single Goldwing owner leaving his shop dissatisfied after spending close to $1,500.00 for his kit, labor, and re-work.

So, just maybe there is a positive result in the addition of the front fork brace afterall....any comments??????

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is an additional $200.00 to the package price

No Red it is not free...they add it to the package and do not charge any labor for putting it on.

I guess every little thing that can be done to tweak it .....helps.....

I know when I hold my handlebars on mine and shake them left to right and back.....there seems to be looseness or a wobble just standing still.

Something seems amis.......so if rigidity brings the tubes in tune with one another.....it has to be an improvement.

I can't believe Honda after all the years of making the Goldwing.....has such a cheap way of putting the front forks together.

Seems they would spend a little more time engineering an improvement into an already wonderful motorcycle...and make it a Rolls Royce instead of the Cadillac it is.

The last poster from South Carolina pretty much summed it up....couldn't believe he waited this long after driving his wing just 5 miles getting it out of Traxxion's Shop.

Enough said!

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More comments...on Fork Brace et al.....

Dan your comments are spot on! Thanks for giving us a first hand impression based on the unit installed in YOUR bike and YOUR feeling the changes in the before and the after.......

The Traxxion Suspension Upgrade is the difference between a Shetland Pony, and a Racehorse...there is NO comparison.....as you said if you want to cruise at 40 mph over to the Dairy Queen and never try to straighten out a curve in North Georgia mountains...stock is fine for the old timer who can't twist the throttle too much for fear of getting a ticket or falling off!

The man who buys a $25,000.00 Goldwing wants the untimate motorcycle riding experience.....Added Chrome, CB, high performance lights, air bag, ABS, ISO grips, upgraded saddle, and CD all ad to the riding experience of having the wind in your face....and enjoying your machine.....every one of us is a tinkerer somewhat...and always looking for that special upgrade or part to make the bike better......

So, if an upgrade in handling performance costs a few bucks to get what you want....what the hell...it only costs 10% more to go first class.....the other alternative is NO CLASS!!

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen......and those who wonder....."What the Hell Happened"?

If the shoe fits....wear it.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The difference between the old and the new........

The Traxxion Suspension set up is like the difference between a Model - T Ford ...............and the Space Shuttle on Steroids!

There is NO comparison............why wear a Timex, when you can wear a Rolex and have the best.....the riding experience is what we are all seeking here when we bought our Goldwings.....

Why not improve the breed and make it everything it can be....it adds value, performance, comfort, and confidence in your equipment that you can ride safely and have a wonderful experience every time you mount up.

Non progressive mentality limits a man's ability to move forward in life.....one day a bunch of engineers got together and said "Let's build a space ship and go to the moon" the old farts said "No, it can't be done"........then the younger guys went out and built it......and flew it to the moon....I think that was 1969!

Then they went from a rocket to a space shuttle! Kind of lock stock Goldwing suspension......and moving up to Traxxion Suspension.....the old...and the new.....man should always be looking for ways to improve his environment, and his ability to progress.....

I think members of this board have well spoken their ideas and opinions...and the majority WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the few who have this mentality......"A man has to know his limitations"........Clint Eastwood 1980.

So.......keep your stock springs and suspension, and drive it to the Dairy Queen just to keep your battery charged...shouldn't have to take too many curves......you may get passed by a Traxxion modified Goldwing.....eat your heart out!! :D

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks Max for your comments!

Now we heard from Max....I was hoping he would see my posting and chime in after the comments came in from different parts of the country.

Max is trying to build the ultimate suspension for our Goldwings, he has spent lots of time, money, energy, and research and development to put together a system that works in the field.

Chrome is an optioin, so is ABS, and an AirBag....options...not required to ride...but sure is nice to have it!

A fork brace is another small improvement to the overall package and system of parts designed to work in unison to provide better safer handling for this wonderful motorcycle.

Honda has provided excellent brakes, ABS, and an AirBag...no one else is doing that...we know their suspension is less than adequate...so a special man comes along to improve the breed....

He should be given a medal by Honda, and they should be paying him to make all front fork suspensions for every Goldwing that leaves Maryville, OH!

Then Honda comes up with and 1800 SE Model, Traxxion suspension, ABS, AirBag, Heated Seats, Heated Grips, 80 Watt Stereo, and man who could possibly ask for more.

Lots of people are damning the AirBag, but if this $1,300.00 option saves your life just once or you from serious injury...you would have to be pretty ignorant not to want this option on your Goldwing.

Time will tell, maybe other manufactures will see the advantage to these safety features and emulate Honda.

It is not a perfect bike, but getting closer EVERY year to being one!

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks for the suspension display.....

Max,

Thanks for laying out the Goldwing Suspension..that front end really looks cheap and weak if that is the proper word.....

When you can, will you also lay out YOUR Suspension Package so we can see the before and the after of what components you install with your upgrade.

I am confident that the interested members will be suitably impressed with the difference and quality of what goes inside the forks with your upgrade.

They sell you a 25,000.00 motorcycle and put a 50.00 front suspension in it..and most riders are happy to drive it 100.000 miles and not complain......when they can see what is really "Inside" the forks, it should get their attention!

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Front Fork Brace...it works!

Hey Bulldog....

Remember I started this posting to discuss the front fork brace being a viable part to improve the front suspension.

The reason for the post....a few weeks ago I asked the members here what they thought of the fork brace.....8 out of 10 said it was junk, waste of time and money, did not work, was a bunch of hipe, etc.

So, I stood down on buying one for my new '06. Well, now that I have talked personally to Max and I consider him an expert in his field, he has convinced me otherwise......so I respect an expert and after listening to all the opinoins....chose to go ahead and spend another $200.00 and get one for my bike. My choice is based on hearing all the evidence.

I am not pushing everyone or anyone to spend $1500.00 to upgrade their front suspensions...that is an individual owner's choice. There were millions of miles driven by Goldwings long before we had fork braces.......not much was said about not having them.

But...now the evidence of worn bushings, bottoming out, harsh front ends, cupping, and premature wear of the front tires is a concern for everyone......some folks have them, some don't, and lots of us have front end wobbles! The nice thing here is freedom of choice.....

WE all want to improve the Goldwing and tweak it to it's maximum abilities and make it like a Rolex watch...totally reliable and dependable.......some of us want to begin where Honda left off....not a problem with improving the breed......who wants a Shetland pony, when they can have racehorse for a few more dollars.

It all comes down to deciding if it is something you want ot think you need.....I am sure if a brace helped the winner at the Daytona 500 win the race....he would be selling them and recommending them....

The Goldwing owners who have purchased Max's setup are 100% satisfied...........that is a significant satisfaction ratio.......so let's cut some slack here to each of us being able to make a decision to upgrade our Goldwings and buy or not buy a fork brace or a suspension upgrade or not.

No one is holding a gun to your head to do so.......but, if you like riding a racehorse to the Dairy Queen....you can probably get there a little faster and more comfortable on Traxxion's suspension upgrades.....

When we spend thousands of dollars to buy the best motorcycle in the world, why not spend a few more bucks and really tweak it's full potential?? Chrome ISO grips doesn't make it run better, but it looks great on a wing.

A stock car doesn't win races at Daytona, a fully modified race car does...and extensive time and money is spent on the race suspension to allow it to cope with the rigors of high speed driving, turning, and finally winning!!

Max is not making money installing Kuryaykn Fork Braces...he knows it makes his upgraded parts work as an improved system, and allows the owner to have the ultimate in his front suspension.....so let's stay with the intended thread here.....a statement that this professional installs fork braces in lieu of 80% of our members saying it is not needed, or doesn't work......maybe just maybe this expert who does this for a living can show everyone it DOES!

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Getting the feedback I wanted....!!

Since I posted this thread regarding the Front Fork Brace.....lots of members have chimed in and provided excellent experiences and opinions regarding the pros and the cons.

I want to thank Max for inputting several comments regarding his suspension modifications, recommendations, and professional expertise in what problems he has found reworking the stock Goldwing forks.

This is a very significantly important part of our Goldwings, and Honda has not chosen to fix the problems with it...yet they went way out and developed the Airbag to make us safer. Hopefully they will rise to the occasion one day and see that we would like some factory resolution and put the fix in as standard equipment.....

I know that would be major financial loss to Max, and I am not suggesting he not be able to sell his modifications cause I want one as soon as I can get to his shop! However, like someone said...we have a $20,000.00 motorcycle with a tinker toy front end under it.

Again, thanks guys for your input, hoped this would stimulate some thought and convince the non-believers that the fork brace is a viable option to helping the front end blues.......

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Wow my thread has taken a life of it's own on....!!

Max,

My posting may just be a new avenue for you for more advertising and exposure of your suspension modifications...special badging will set it apart from all the other Goldwings that are stock.

Everyone wants something special, unique, and different from stock.

Since you are receiving so much positive input, maybe you should seriously consider some of the posts here...and submit a few names...and maybe let the members on this site vote...let's do it democratically, and choose something that will make you proud...and everyone that gets your suspension upgrade.

Over 3,000 members have read the comments here so far in the last week and over a hundred took the time to make comments one way or the other.....now, you have a new beast to contend with......naming your special modifications.

How about: "Traxxion SE Special Edition"

OR: "TE" Traxxion Edition"

I think the Special Edition parallels the Goldwing when the SE option was available from Honda.....it had two tone paint, adjustable rear floorboards, CB and antenna factory installed, and Gold emblems front and rear....a truly Special Edition.

Have a graphic artist or someone on this board with drawing talents..submit a sketch and you choose the one you want....

I think everyone would be proud to wear it on their wings and give you lots of extra references and free advertising.....you may have to hire more guys in your shop or open 7 days a week!!

Happy Thanksgiving...to everyone!

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
So many people agree the Traxxion modifications are a very positive addition to their Goldwings...Red..no one is holding a gun to your head to buy anything.....

If you want to keep driving yours.....no one really cares what you do.....so the guys who want to upgrade their wings and get better handling and performance out of their bikes can do so.......!!

It is a free country free choice etc.......we have heard your comments...now you should just sit back and read the rest of the 130 members who DON'T agree with you!!!!

Go eat some turkey ..........we know you can't step up to the plate...so sit in the batters box and watch the game......remember what I said about those people who watch things happen....which category do YOU fall into?

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Honda will never offer an opinoin other than stock....

You would have to be a moron to think Honda will recommend upgrading their Goldwing suspension with anything other than stock parts....it isn't going to happen...obviously.......

They are not going to tell you to put chrome on it, a flagpole, spare gas in your trunk, or an aftermarket heated seat if it doesn't have their name on it!

So, quit waiting for their comments about Traxxion suspension and staying up late at night trying to convince all the people on this post who know what YOU don't......that the Traxxion modifications work.....and do such much better then stock.

Some people like to wear a Timex, some like Rolex.......it only costs 10% more to go first class......what category do you like to be in......

I am obviously directing this elementary comment to the only person who can't think beyond his Honda windshield....anyone know who that might be???? :D :D

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Hey Dennis,

Relax, this is all about the Kuryaykn front fork brace.......read back thru the initial posting......some people think it is the cat's meow....some don't think it works....but lots of members who have installed see positive results on their Goldwings....

That's what counts....pay your money, and be happy with your purchase...if it feels different or better...then you have a winner....

It's just that some people want to be nasty and disrespectful....and think they know everything about everything.....I am not the expert, that is why I was asking who has the fork brace and does it work?

So, the company that does front fork modifications KNOWS it works as part of their package.....and has satisfied customers right out the door....maybe he knows a little more about what works and what doesn't

So, I let the experts with happy customers help get the info out for our members...that's what this site is all about is helping each other to get better equipment, that enhances our ride for comfort and safety and the ridiing experience being a positive one.

There are just a few doubting Thomas' here that want to muddy the water.....don't get all roused up about a fork brace....it is a no-brainer......

Either buy it or don't...simple....nuf said!~

1 - 12 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.