GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
21,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of the new Traxxion seat bolts on a customers bike today. I like them so much I ordered a set for myself. I should have done this a long time ago. It takes all the hassle out of installing the seat and fighting those collars every time you try to reinstall the seat.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I installed a set of the new Traxxion seat bolts on a customers bike today. I like them so much I ordered a set for myself. I should have done this a long time ago. It takes all the hassle out of installing the seat and fighting those collars every time you try to reinstall the seat.

View attachment 369369
Agree...
I've had them on my bike for about 2-months and they are great.
Simple and effective solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live right around the corner from Traxxion and in the rain yesterday picked up:
  • Seat bolts (haven't put in yet as I haven't removed seat yet but want to send off to Wingsoft).
  • Brake line bolts (replaces soft shallow headed bolts easy to do but almost rounded head as described).
  • Dipstick extender (easy to do much easier to remove now without any fuss).
  • Kickstand pad (easy to do better piece of mind for me new bike 800+ pounds etc.).
Each part solves something real in my mindl, so sprung for them. I also have them down the street if I need to strip the bike down for some other Honda accessory, although some easy installs have surface on a few I was looking at (i.e. Homelink & USB install) that should help..

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
As cheap as I am, I put those on my bike as soon as I saw how he made them. Very well designed part!

·
Registered
585 Posts
My seat bolts and collars have been removed for almost 4000 miles now. I didn’t realize I never reinstalled them. Any harm not having the seat bolts besides someone trying to steel the seat

·
Registered
182 Posts
My Corbin seat bolt tabs don't come close to lining up with the threaded part for the seat bolts. I bought a set of the tapered bolts. Those really don't help. They are about as tapered as a brick.
I don't have anything holding the seat down. I guess I'll just have to suffer the consequence if my seat should fly off while I'm running down the freeway. Not sure how that would happen though.

·
Vendor
21,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just put a little silicone on the stock collars that are on the seat, and now they don't come off when removing the seat.

I tried that too, and discovered that even with them siliconed on, the interference between the inside edges of the collars and the nut plates on the bike, cause them to come loose when manipulating the seat into place. The seat goes on so much easier without the collars because they no longer interfere with the tabs dropping into place properly.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I just put a little silicone on the stock collars that are on the seat, and now they don't come off when removing the seat.

That's what I did, but I like the Traxxion bolt-solution better

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man, I must be the only one who had problems. I had the seat off to install the Homelink on my new (2018) trike and after following Honda's instruction on my original 2018 (I remember it took all day and I used the next day to put the bike back together), using Heli-Bars shortcut cut the install time to nothing. Anyways I proceed to put the seat back on and I spent 45 minutes in 110 degree heat trying to get the seat bolts to fit. Now I know all of the tricks to get the seat off and back on since I had it off many times on my previous wing. As I said, 45 minutes in 110 degree heat was just too much. I just put back the old bolts and washers (with the seat collars of course). I did install the dip stick extender and I'll install the brake bolts another day.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't even use seat bolts any more and the seat has not blown off and no one has stolen it. 😄

1 - 20 of 22 Posts