GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install the springs without removing the forks from the Bike?

TIA

·
Registered
342 Posts
It can be done, BUT....you might as well change the fork busings and seals while your at it. Just a few dollars more, several free hours of yours time and the results are priceless.

WWIII

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just installed the traxxion springs in my 2009 with less then 12k miles on it. Fork oil needed to be changed and upper bushings were worn. The wear is probably due to a 5.5 degree rake kit which is harder on the fork components then stock.
Bottom line, depending on the miles you have on your bike, you may as well rebuild the forks so you have a fresh start on all the components.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I just had mine changed to traxxion and had the bushings, seals and oil changed and everything cleaned up, also had the AD disabled. It makes no sense not to do the whole thing while you are in there. JMHO

You will like the change.

Fred

·
Registered
581 Posts
You can change the fork springs and the fork fluid with the forks on the bike. Check Fred Harmons site for more info; www.pbase.com/fredharmon Depending on mileage and past service, I agree that it would be a good idea to pull those forks apart and do a rebuild. Then you are starting with a completely fresh setup.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, forgot to mention that the Traxxion Instructions have you disable the anti-dive by leaving the spring seat off the bottom of the left fork.
Can only be done with the fork disassembled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts