GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To reiterate again, what I've heard reiterated before... I just put Traxxion Springs on the front end of my 01; I just never knew. I've read many threads on Progressives (not much positive with regard to the 1800), on Traxxion Cartridges (a lot of positive for a lot of $$$), and proponents of stay with stock, just disable the antidive (no cost but ?). :? So with more time than money I read and I read and I read. I decided to go with the weight sensitive Traxxion Springs. The first thing I noticed was the movement of the front suspension. No mushing over the bumps or thunking (?) over the cracks; NO! the suspension was working! :yes: I'm not an ME, I'm an end user so allow me to use layman terms. For a reasonable investment and a couple of hours I'm re-endeared to the nice smooth ride of my 01. Thanks Max :bow: The only downside for me is I've become cognizant of my rear shock issues...hmmm

·
Registered
102 Posts
frostkerry said:
.... I decided to go with the weight sensitive Traxxion Springs. .....
What do you mean by weight sensitive springs?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
DomPA894 said:
frostkerry said:
you tell max how much you weigh & he sends springs!!! progressive only has ONE spring....chuck

M

·
0 Posts
Cost

I went on Traxxion website and could not find the cost of the front springs if you wanted to install them yourself. I put Progressive on the front and rear of my bike, not to hard of a job. But think I might try the Traxxion on the front. Does anyone know the cost.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Re: Cost

mickeyswing52 said:
I went on Traxxion website and could not find the cost of the front springs if you wanted to install them yourself. I put Progressive on the front and rear of my bike, not to hard of a job. But think I might try the Traxxion on the front. Does anyone know the cost.
I doubt you will notice much difference in just springs if you already have progressive unless you are heavy. Save up for the whole enchilada from Traxxion.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,296 Posts
Re: Cost

I doubt you will notice much difference in just springs if you already have progressive unless you are heavy. Save up for the whole enchilada from Traxxion.
There is a difference between the Progressive and the Traxxion springs but the heavy riders are going to see the most difference for sure. I have measured the fork sag of a riders bike that had the Progressive springs that weighed 280lbs and that bikes forks still sunk 3 inches with the owner just sitting on the bike.With the Traxxion fork springs his bike now sinks 1 inch and his bike stopped wobbling on decel.

Most of the Wings I have measured with the stock fork springs have had the forks sink 3 inches and some slightly more with just the owners sitting on the bike. The lightest riders Wing I have measured weighed 180lbs and his bike sunk 2.625 inches or over half of the forks travel. In any case the stock Wing is riding with it's forks nearly bottomed out.

Traxxion fork springs matched to the riders weight raises the front end up and gives back the fork travel that is lost with the too soft stock fork springs. In my experience this really does makes a big difference with this bike.

Another thing to consider is that with the Traxxion forks springs, if you decide to do the whole AK20 fork upgrade later Traxxion will give you credit for the fork springs so you won't lose any money with the fork springs like you would with the Progressive fork springs. Traxxion also gives you a money back guarantee with the AK20 fork upgrade, if you don't like the results they will give you your money back as well as putting your forks back to stock spec's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DomPA894 said:
frostkerry said:
I know when you order springs from Traxxion they will ask for the amount of weight that is normally carried on your MC. OK I'm shooting from the hip but I assume Traxxion sells springs with different tension in accordance with the typical range of weight carried on your MC... or they provide different shims for different weight ranges? Whatever it is in the Black Box it worked for me. To validate any of my guesses you'd have to check with Traxxion. Regardless it looks like Roadie has confirmed my "seat-of-the-pants" findings. Thanks Roadie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts