GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I'm planning on doing a fly-and-ride to Honda of Russellville from SoCal, and since I'll be having them do a custom paint job on a new bike, is there any reason not to have Max send his 2018 "Full Monty"-type package to them and have it installed while they have the bike apart for the paint job?
I drove to Max's shop from the northeast several years ago to have his shop do a Fully Monty on my '08 back then, and it was a great experience, but it seems to me there's no reason now to add a two day trip to/from the Traxxion shop if the Russellville' techs can just as easily do the install.

What do you think?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
I would not let their service department touch my bike. But that is just me.

Fred Harmon who is an approved Traxxion installer lives in Mountain Home, Arkansas. With him you can be assured of the job being done correctly!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Russelville is a great maybe the best volume dealer. Don't let any dealer touch your bike who is not an authorized installer. Fred gets my highest rating

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would not let their service department touch my bike. But that is just me.
Now you have me concerned, as their service department will strip and reinstall the tupperware before and after they have it painted for me.

What bad experience(s) have you (or anyone else) had with their service dept.?

Hi Fred,
What's the install time for the kit?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Now you have me concerned, as their service department will strip and reinstall the tupperware before and after they have it painted for me.

What bad experience(s) have you had with their service dept.?

I wouldn’t worry about that. They tell you the painting is done in house. But it is done by a separate business in Clarksville, Arkansas. Those guys will do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What color are you going with?:smile2:
I'm thinking about House of Kolor's "SHIMRIN / KBC09 Organic Green" ...

LINK

With perhaps a little more metal flake like in Honda's PEARL STALLION BROWN

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have never been that fond of green on a motorcycle, but I really do like that color. If you do that, please post pics! Bet it will be beautiful.

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well that's wee bit spooky cos earlier I was ponderin' how nice the dark blue looks and how shitty the brown looks and thought how few metallic green bikes there are.. then your thread popped up.... doo-doo, doo-doo....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fred has done all my major maintenance and then some (he did a partial Traxxion for me five years ago). Experienced and an eye for detail second to none. Fred all the way.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I would contact Max at Traxxion to see if they are an authorized installer. If they do not meet his requirements, then you will have your answer.

I love the green!

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Hi Yamahadrummer,

This is a job Fred can do all at once. We are doing a bright yellow bike for a guy from Colorado right now.

75% of the bodywork has to come off to do the suspension.

It will save you a lot of money if you have it all done at once. Also, I'm sure Fred will install whatever accessories you want at the same time. This is what the customer from CO did. He shipped a giant box of every accessory he wanted, and we are doing everything in one single disassembly/reassembly.

Good luck with your new bike!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Max,
But I'm a bit confused. Understanding that taking the tupperware off twice is a waste of time and money, if HOR is taking the bike apart for the paint job, are you suggesting I then have it trailered to Fred for the suspension upgrade, and then trailer it back to HOR for reinstallation of the tupperware?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Max is saying that Fred will put the plastic back on after he installs the suspension parts, because he will have to take the plastic off to do his work.

And Fred can install all your accessories while he has the bike apart, so just let the Dealer do just the paint, and Fred will do the rest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts