GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the full monty installed by Houston Trikes and Trailers in Webster?? I am going to have it done and would be interested in your experience with this installer or any others close to Houston.

TIA

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Traxxion

I tried to call them and didn't get through...my fault with one of these new fangled phones. I talked to Mike at Traxxion and he said that RaceWorx in Alvarado had done the most for them but that they were all okay. From their website they look pretty squared away.
My bike is at RaceWorx now and I will pick it up next Monday.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had the front end work done by them and have been very pleased with the results. They did the ALL BALLS steering head bearings and the full AK-20 suspension kits. I'll end up doing the rear shock myself down the road. Everett Hunt runs a very professional business and his guys do excellent work. I was concerned because no one seems to take care of my black bike like I do. I didn't find ANY scratches after the work was done. I strongly recommend having work done by them.

R

·
0 Posts
Houston Trikes and Trailers in Webster??

I'd be wary of that guy. Anybody who wants 200.00for a wheel and tire takeoff from a trike may overcharge for other things as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
As far as how much they want for a wheel/tire, they can set their own price. What they charge for parts has nothing to do with the quality of work they perform. I didn't find their Traxxion prices to be much higher than if the work was done by Traxxion Dynamics themselves.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In fairness to Houston Trike, I bought a take off from him about 2 years ago (was only $150) then. However, the owner let me know that 100% of the money he receives from takeoffs goes to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Assoc. (Ride for Kids). Very impressive in my book.

·
Registered
19,105 Posts
I had my Traxxion work done at the 07 Wing Ding by Max himself. They will do no work this year in Tulsa Wing Ding. Traxxion is worth the investment. I live in Richmond. I have no experience with Houston Trike

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I live just a few minutes from Webster, but had never heard of them until I did a search on the Traxxion site recently. I'll be curious as to what you find out.

I'll also buy you lunch (a pretty nice lunch at that) if you'll let me ride your bike sometime with the new setup installed. I have a new 09, and it would be interesting to do some back-to-back comparisons.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Talked with Everett at Houston Trikes and Trailers today but they do not have the rear shock and will probably not receive them until late next week and won't be able to install the upgrade until the following week. Unfortunately this doesn't work with my schedule so I will probably have to wait until later in the summer to get the upgrade done.

jjsC6 - Once I get the upgrade done you are certainly welcome to try it out, it looks like it will be a couple of months though.

Thanks to all for your insight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had it done in December 2007 close to Dallas (Raceworxx I believe) as this was the closest to Houston (according to Max). You will like the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts