GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody in the Knoxville TN area that installs traxxion ? Do I have to go to Georgia to have the install done is it worth the money ?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Set up appt at traxxion in Woodstock-- ride in, ride out a few hours later. Play on your phone/ tablet, or read a book/ magazines while you wait. Ride to area Thursday, install on Friday, serious tryout on way back home!!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Holy Smokes! The ride from Knoxville to Woodstock is premium quality ride! Follow US 129 and then pick-u Skyline and on and on. Just a nice afternoon ride to lodging, be the appointment for first thing in morning and be home before dark riding those same fine roads on that GREAT suspension! I travel more than twice that far on equally good roads all the way, stay in Maryville (Muryvil) on way back, but you would be home.

prs

·
Registered
67 Posts
I highly recommend Paul Bihm at Midwest Custom Cycle. You'll get a personalized installation. Paul will fine tune the setup to meet your personal preferences. You will be very pleased. Just had Paul service my front forks. Excellent job, in and out in 4 hours.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can't go wrong with Paul at Midwest Custom Cycle Works. He did mine, great work and service. Even put me up in very nice hotel room while he did the work
overnight.
Yes, it is worth it. This is what the GW was meant to handle like. Believe me, you don't know how bad it is tlll you ride Traxxion.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Can't go wrong with Paul at Midwest Custom Cycle Works. He did mine, great work and service. Even put me up in very nice hotel room while he did the work
overnight.
Yes, it is worth it. This is what the GW was meant to handle like. Believe me, you don't know how bad it is tlll you ride Traxxion.
:agree:

·
Registered
424 Posts
overnight.
Another recommendation for Paul At Midwest Custom Cycle Works. He did my installation and I have him do my forks every year before riding season starts. Of course I'm only about 10 miles away from him. :thumbup:

Willie Wilson WD9FHA
Newburgh, IN
MARC
IBA #22660
DSI #429
Member of the All the Way Gang-2009 Ride for the Relay
http://www.ridefortherelay.org

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Did you go to the Trax site and view their approved installers?

Traxxion hasn't updated their approved installer list in at least 2 years. Beats me as to why, since an updated list would certainly mean more business for them.
A lot of people would rather have an install done without making it a 3 day proposition, but the only way to find out if there really is a guy close to you is to call them and ask.

FWIW, there IS an authorized installer in Florida, Daytona Beach area. (Me... ) If anyone knows of others that aren't listed, you might mention them here.. Perhaps there is one not listed closer to the OP.

And yes, the difference is astounding.. Not just handling, but in ride quality also.

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
Traxxion hasn't updated their approved installer list in at least 2 years. Beats me as to why, since an updated list would certainly mean more business for them.
A lot of people would rather have an install done without making it a 3 day proposition, but the only way to find out if there really is a guy close to you is to call them and ask.

FWIW, there IS an authorized installer in Florida, Daytona Beach area. If anyone knows of others that aren't listed, you might mention them here.. Perhaps there is one not listed closer to the OP.

And yes, the difference is astounding.. Not just handling, but in ride quality also.
I'm also a Traxxion dealer/installer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Heck you are only 150 miles from traxxion in woodstock...why not just go there and get it done.

Just a thought Jer

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Traxxion in Woodstock did my original fork and brace install on my trike and Paul Bilhm did the service on them. Both are excellent! To me Traxxion forks are worth every penny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts