GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get the deal done on my Wing before the sale ends and looking for a shop that does the install. Looking for the closest one from central Minnesota. Anyone have a list of these or had work done at shops in the area I'm looking for?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would call or email them. If I remember right there was one in western Iowa. Kirk

·
Registered
284 Posts
really the only thing you need a traxxion deal to do is the fork tear down and mild machine work then install the AK-20's. My forks are at traxxion today , I would just find some one to pull the parts out and reinstall them.... even if you and a buddie! Max will still give you 10% off on all parts. I did the rear shock yesterday , all the balls last sunday and my forks should be shipped back to me by friday this week. two weeks with the bike torn apart if you end up doing it like I am But you can save a good amount on labor! I figure I saved right around $500 doing the labor , so far the hardest part has been getting the plastic covers back on the front of the motor after installing the Honda line LED fog lights.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Getting It Soon!

Next week the 07 Orange Crate goes in to get the full treatment.
Luckily, I only have to go 15 miles one way to get it done.
If I'm not mistaken, TRANSFORMER had his done at the same place.
Then, it's off to Yarnell Hill.
I'll post my impressions later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts