GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Max at Traxxion is now building full custom bikes.

Mine is next on the list, with a new '18 Airbag model sourced from a Honda dealership close to Max's shop, and including a complete Traxxion suspension upgrade, passenger grab rails, trunk setback, radar detector mount, and many other accessories from other companies.

It'll be in House of Kolor's "SHIMRIN / KBC09 Organic Green" ...

LINK

Scott will add metal flake to the color like in Honda's PEARL STALLION BROWN

'Very much looking forward to picking it up in about 1-1/2 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Max,
That is cool that you will be able to do that for people. You mention a trunk setback? Is this a kit you sell? If not where is it available? Thanks

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Max,
That is cool that you will be able to do that for people. You mention a trunk setback? Is this a kit you sell? If not where is it available? Thanks
We have finished prototyping, and we are making production parts now. We'll have the kit available in less than a month. There's a few videos on my Youtube channel about it. The kit will also let you quickly remove the trunk to convert to the bagger look if you desire.

·
Registered
286 Posts
We have finished prototyping, and we are making production parts now. We'll have the kit available in less than a month. There's a few videos on my Youtube channel about it. The kit will also let you quickly remove the trunk to convert to the bagger look if you desire.
Thanks for the reply. I actually called and talked to a very nice lady who answered and told me to check web site in a few weeks. Do you approx. cost for the trunk relocation kit?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I already have a part Custom Traxxion Edition....:grin2::thumbup:

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I actually called and talked to a very nice lady who answered and told me to check web site in a few weeks. Do you approx. cost for the trunk relocation kit?
We're going to sell the kit in several configurations. In each configuration, there are 2 prices.

The lower price is if you want to do your own cutting and drilling on the trunk subframe to save a some money. We will supply a template and instructions.

The higher price will include a pre-modified trunk subframe, with a return shipping label for you to return your stock subframe to us as a core.

1. Trunk Quick Removal Kit, no passenger backrest or luggage rack.

$199.95/$299.95
(you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, or we can supply -10% discount).

2. Trunk Quick Removal Kit for passenger backrest or luggage rack.

$269.95/$369.95
(you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, and Honda sub bracketry kit $149.95 or we can supply -10% discount).

3. Trunk Quick Removal and Relocation Kit,

$349.95/$449.95

(if you never intend to ride the bike trunkless, you don't need anything else. If you want to ride trunkless without a passenger backrest or luggage rack, you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95 or we can supply -10% discount).

4. Trunk Quick Removal and Relocation Kit, for passenger backrest or luggage rack.

If you want to ride trunkless, you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, and Honda sub bracketry kit $149.95 or we can supply -10% discount).

·
Registered
286 Posts
We're going to sell the kit in several configurations. In each configuration, there are 2 prices.

The lower price is if you want to do your own cutting and drilling on the trunk subframe to save a some money. We will supply a template and instructions.

The higher price will include a pre-modified trunk subframe, with a return shipping label for you to return your stock subframe to us as a core.

1. Trunk Quick Removal Kit, no passenger backrest or luggage rack.

$199.95/$299.95
(you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, or we can supply -10% discount).

2. Trunk Quick Removal Kit for passenger backrest or luggage rack.

$269.95/$369.95
(you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, and Honda sub bracketry kit $149.95 or we can supply -10% discount).

3. Trunk Quick Removal and Relocation Kit,

$349.95/$449.95

(if you never intend to ride the bike trunkless, you don't need anything else. If you want to ride trunkless without a passenger backrest or luggage rack, you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95 or we can supply -10% discount).

4. Trunk Quick Removal and Relocation Kit, for passenger backrest or luggage rack.

If you want to ride trunkless, you need to purchase Honda painted rear cover, $399.95, and Honda sub bracketry kit $149.95 or we can supply -10% discount).
Thanks Max. I never intend to ride without a trunk, i was just looking for more room for the wife. Does it adjust forward and backward or is it a solid mount with bolts? My HD was bolted but i could adjust by using different bolt holes. Looking at the price that would be 450 with your rails? Thanks

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Thanks Max. I never intend to ride without a trunk, i was just looking for more room for the wife. Does it adjust forward and backward or is it a solid mount with bolts? My HD was bolted but i could adjust by using different bolt holes. Looking at the price that would be 450 with your rails? Thanks
That's correct.

The kit as you want it will solidly bolt the trunk back 1.5", and it will have a very nice upholstered insert to fill the gap. And the nice thing is, when you go to sell the bike, if the new owner wants to put the trunk back to stock location it can be done very quickly with only minor disassembly to the bike. A future owner could purchase the addtional brackets to allow for bagger rack and backrest if he desired.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This sounds great Max! When do you anticipate these will be available for purchase?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts