GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 with 55k. Seems to be riding hard both front and rear. Never had any work done on the suspension. Is there anyone in Maine that has had the traxxion work done front and rear that would let me ride the bike or at least have my wife ride as passenger to see if it is a big improvement? Considering the full Monty and all balls but that is allot of $$ on a chance it would greatly improve the ride. I see some people think there is no great improvement after the work was done and allot like it. I had a '89 1500 that I had progressive springs and 450 IAS shock put on at about 70k and did find a big improvement.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hope someone steps up for you....might be as you already have experience with the benefit of a minimum modification that that would be all you would need for this bike also.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No replies to date. Place in Indiana wants 2,850 - forks, brace, caps, rear shock, all balls. Allot of money so I am probably going to pass.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I "believe" that Dandy Dave on this forum is a Traxxion installer out of Brookline NH (of course I could be mistaken about that as well).

Not exactly Maine, but a bit closer.

jason

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had mine put on by the gentlemen you mentioned in Indiana. It may be expensive, but I believe you will find out they are all about the same price. It was the one addition to my Gold wing that absolutely was worth every penny it cost. The ride is soft and it feels like the GL1500 ride and the best part is the tire wire,. Just my opinion

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have an '06 with 55k. Seems to be riding hard both front and rear. Never had any work done on the suspension. Is there anyone in Maine that has had the traxxion work done front and rear that would let me ride the bike or at least have my wife ride as passenger to see if it is a big improvement? Considering the full Monty and all balls but that is allot of $$ on a chance it would greatly improve the ride. I see some people think there is no great improvement after the work was done and allot like it. I had a '89 1500 that I had progressive springs and 450 IAS shock put on at about 70k and did find a big improvement.
Yes, it is quite a bit of money, but to my opinion worth every penny....
I had it just done 3 weeks ago by Adam and Dave at Rocket Moto in Hollis, NH. (Full Monty) I can honestly say it makes a huuuuge improvement. My wife was complaining about discomfort while riding.... Now she does not. The Goldwing actually has a front suspension!!!!
Occasional large bump of course never going to completely go away, but it's not painful as same one before. Small are gone.... You don't have to look for every imperfection to avoid while riding with Traxxion. Not even mentioning improvement handling especially in low speeds... Look them up, write Adam and come down. He let me borrow his bike (*******:lol:) and I was convinced. Knowing what I know now... I would not hesitate to have it done again. They are very professional small shop ran, out of the Adam's house....
http://www.rocketmoto.com/

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had mine put on by the gentlemen you mentioned in Indiana. It may be expensive, but I believe you will find out they are all about the same price. It was the one addition to my Gold wing that absolutely was worth every penny it cost. The ride is soft and it feels like the GL1500 ride and the best part is the tire wire,. Just my opinion
I was not complaining about the cost from the Indiana person. He was very responsive and if I had it done he would be at the top of my list. Checking into the NH installer.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it just done 3 weeks ago by Adam and Dave at Rocket Moto in Hollis, NH. (Full Monty) I can honestly say it makes a huuuuge improvement. My wife was complaining about discomfort while riding.... Now she does not. The Goldwing actually has a front suspension!!!!
Occasional large bump of course never going to completely go away, but it's not painful as same one before. Small are gone.... You don't have to look for every imperfection to avoid while riding with Traxxion. Not even mentioning improvement handling especially in low speeds... Look them up, write Adam and come down. He let me borrow his bike (*******:lol:) and I was convinced. Knowing what I know now... I would not hesitate to have it done again. They are very professional small shop ran, out of the Adam's house....
I sent them an email yesterday. Sounds like you had a good experience. Can't check my email at work so hoping to have a reply when I get home.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is there anyone in Maine that has had the traxxion work done front and rear that would let me ride the bike or at least have my wife ride as passenger to see if it is a big improvement?
I'm sure you will find an improvement. We feel that you need to experience it to see if it's the right thing for you. (or actually, for your co-rider :bow: ) We have a demo (well, actually Adam's personal bike) set up with a Traxxion full monty. We are attending the BMW rally in PA next week, so scheduling might not be instantaneous, but I'm sure we can accommodate you. You're probably less than 2 hours away, and we can set something up for you that wold fit your schedule. Portland is about 90 miles from me, and I can usually do that in a bit under two hours.

I "believe" that Dandy Dave on this forum is a Traxxion installer out of Brookline NH (of course I could be mistaken about that as well).

Not exactly Maine, but a bit closer.

jason
Nope, no mistake.. Thanks for the belief!

Radek, Thanks for the kind words! (actually, Jeanette doesn't let us work out of the house, she banishes us to the shop! :-D:-D )

I sent them an email yesterday. Sounds like you had a good experience. Can't check my email at work so hoping to have a reply when I get home.
You should have an email waiting for you when you get home. You can also call the RM number, 877-523-4245, or my cell is NH area code 566-7619.

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure you will find an improvement. We feel that you need to experience it to see if it's the right thing for you. (or actually, for your co-rider :bow: ) We have a demo (well, actually Adam's personal bike) set up with a Traxxion full monty. We are attending the BMW rally in PA next week, so scheduling might not be instantaneous, but I'm sure we can accommodate you. You're probably less than 2 hours away, and we can set something up for you that wold fit your schedule. Portland is about 90 miles from me, and I can usually do that in a bit under two hours.

Nope, no mistake.. Thanks for the belief!

Radek, Thanks for the kind words! (actually, Jeanette doesn't let us work out of the house, she banishes us to the shop! :-D:-D )

You should have an email waiting for you when you get home. You can also call the RM number, 877-523-4245, or my cell is NH area code 566-7619.

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com
Does that mean you will not be availiable this Saturday for a demo ride?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dave,.....
I got confused.... with the AC blowing in the shop, at the time I picked my bike, it was nicer there than in our house :lol:
Besides...I thing Adam practically lives there.......

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know hearing it is a whole lpt different then experiencing it but i went to traxxion home office from Tampa, fl we do have a local traxxion dealer but anyways good excuse to ride bike. My wife is so happy and thankfull come to think of it so are my ears. Lol
We pulled our trailer to wing ding and boy what an improvement and im sure you may have thought about this yourself but buy the parts yourself and see if a fellow member will help you install. I have read other post on hear where peaple have done that. In anyevent just do it you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I know hearing it is a whole lpt different then experiencing it but i went to traxxion home office from Tampa, fl we do have a local traxxion dealer but anyways good excuse to ride bike. My wife is so happy and thankfull come to think of it so are my ears. Lol
We pulled our trailer to wing ding and boy what an improvement and im sure you may have thought about this yourself but buy the parts yourself and see if a fellow member will help you install. I have read other post on hear where peaple have done that. In anyevent just do it you wont be sorry.
hmmm, 4gunruner..... I'm not saying that with right tools and knowledge it's imposible... but.. From Traxxion website..." The GL1800 AK-20 Kits MUST be installed by Traxxion Dynamics or by one of our Authorized installers." Hmmm, makes me think why...?;) I rather pay someone who knows how to do it right... Anyone can help, but is the "help" sometimes qualified to help you?... It's your well being you are taking to your own hands.... Just a thought.... I don't think it's like changing the oil....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very true heliflier. I've got a friend who was a honda dealer guy and he helps me out when he can but i really prefer taking it to the dealer and paying alittle extra this way i can point my finger at them and hoot and holler and not worry about loosing a friend

·
Registered
403 Posts
For what its worth Adam and Dave did mine and I am happy with the results and so in the co-rider.

Dave, if you read this where is your BMW event. Deb and I are heading out Sat for Penn and then down through BRP and beyond. Maybe we will stop by and convert some of the Beemer riders.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For what its worth Adam and Dave did mine and I am happy with the results and so in the co-rider.

>> Glad you like it..

Dave, if you read this where is your BMW event. Deb and I are heading out Sat for Penn and then down through BRP and beyond. Maybe we will stop by and convert some of the Beemer riders.
:thumbup:

Gary, thanks for the good words..

The rally is in Bloomsburg, PA

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11
http://www.bmwra.org/rallymap/

The last one was in Pownal, VT, and was pretty interesting. it wasn't the size and scope of say Americade, and didn't have the vendor presence of the big rallies, but we were just mobbed, installing stuff for as long as we could stand up.. There was some pretty neat stuff there, and as you know, the BMW guys are a somewhat different breed of cat than the Goldwing guys.. (BMW guys walk around the campsite comparing mileage and how gnarly their bikes are, Goldwing guys sit in the hotel parking lot comparing mileage and chrome :lol: ) I just looked at the vendor list, and there are quite a number of vendors this time, and they are touring oriented, which works for Goldwings. (Unlike, say, Laconia.. )

If you go out I-84 to Scranton, it's not too far out of the way, then take 81 down into VA, and pick up Skyline Drive, or the Blue Ridge at Front Royal.

You have Adam's number so that if you go you can find him easily? I think he will be with Clearwater, doing installs.

=Dave=

1 - 17 of 17 Posts