GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

Have any of you installed the Traxxion system on the front end of your trike, and if so, did it make a difference in absorbing the shock of the rough spots in the road?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
That is a great question!!! I never even thought of that. Holly has progressive front springs along with a fork brace. This setup seems to work real well for her style of driving "fast & corning hard".

G

·
Dick Gamage has had the Traxxion on his CSC since the Hoot. He says it is fantastic. He almost has me convinced to get it. He is on a trip out west right now but should be home soon and maybe he'll give us a report.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just got back from a 6,300 mile trip on the CSC. I had the Traxxion put on the trike at Hoot time and went back for some adjustments. Mine was one of the first trikes Max's guys done so we had to experiment some. They ended up doing some things a little different that with the bikes. I think Max kept all the specs for mine so he'd know what to do with the next on. I'm very happy with what it did for the front end of my CSC. I'd definately do it again. I believe it works even better now after the 6,300 mile trip.
Dick

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Cost????

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just over $1000. We didn't use the fork brace @200, because it didn't respond on the trike like it does on bikes. Call Max or Mike at Traxxion, they're very helpful. If you have a trike other than CSC they might have to use different specs. The CSC is heavier in the front end than some trikes. The rake also make a difference.

G

·
Dick,

It's about time you got home. I have been holding down the fort here while you were gone. Some of these guys have been mean to me :cry:
Just kidding - but we have missed you. Well, at least I missed you. :bow: I had some extra money to spend but without your advice on how to spend it, I ended up just putting it in a 6 month CD.

So you would say the Traxxion is really a worthwhile "investment?" :lol:

We did encounter some roads last week that had some major expansion joint "bumps." They were really slamming me in the handlebars. :cus: I'm sure everyone knows what I am talking about. On one stretch of road I had to keep a very relaxed grip on the bars to keep the fillings in my teeth from falling out. I was giving some serious thought to Traxxion then.

It's good to have you back buddy. I hope you had a great trip.

Don aka Beastie

·
Registered
609 Posts
I changed to Traxxion springs only front aand rear.did not change out the in guts. just springs.
I did notice that the ride was smoother and the front end didn't jar your teeth either
i went to heavy spring in front and back. you need to let them know what kind of total loaded weight for the correct springs. my was set for 1500# loaded with super brace installed
my unit is with unstra -tow trike
edumnd
03 1800abs

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's probably the best investment I've made outside the GPS. Now I not only know how to get where I'm going, but can go there in comfort.

Smooooooooooooooooth!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your comments guys. Got a PM from Max, and I will be contacting him to have the conversion done during the winter months.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I know this Traxxion thingie is for the forks or replaces the springs..what is it? $1,000...it should do something fairly well...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe Max (Traxxion) is watching and will give a good explanation, but basically it replaces the cartrage that controls the rebound, replaces all the bushings, replaces the fluid and prevents the front forks from bottoming out like they do with OEM or even the special raked forks for the trikes. With the added weight of some trikes on the front, other modifications have to be made as with my CSC. It took all the hard shock out the front end of mine. It's got about 8,000 miles on it now and just seems to get better. Since they had not done hardly any trikes when they did mine, they worked on it two different times with no extra charges to get it right. Bikes and trikes react differently. My CSC reacted better without the fork brace, but I understand the brace improves the bikes.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Thanks Dgamage...is this a mod that can be done locally or only by Max?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Max is looking for dealers. Why don't you call Max and maybe you can line him up with a local dealer. I think he has a deal that he will reward you with $200 if you hook him up with a dealer. www.traxxion.com. Tell him I told you to call. I think he will also send you redone forks if you can install them. I went to the factory both times because they wanted to experiment with mine.

Dick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts