GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order with Traxxion for Super Seat Bolts brilliant product :) Also the dipstick extender thought was waste of money But yeah it is brilliant as well :) Next r/h tie rod easy to fit and Another brilliant product Last but the best one of the bunch the solid bush for the l/h tie rod once again easy to fit and a more than brilliant result :) :) P/S Next time you have seat off cut that stupid front mounting locator OFF it makes refitting the seat a breeze :) :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Placed an order with Traxxion for Super Seat Bolts brilliant product. Next time you have seat off cut that stupid front mounting locator OFF it makes refitting the seat a breeze.
The Traxxion seat bolts make a huge difference. On my 2018 GWT6, I found that putting a small amount of silicon on the rear seat tabs made installing the seat effortless, without having to modify/cut the front tab.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Supposedly takes some of the sloppiness out of the steering and prevent sloppiness down the road
The left solid bushing takes slop out or the Right Traxxion Tie Rod? I thought the left solid bushing only provided support in the case of a right tie rod catastrophe otherwise it did nothing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Placed an order with Traxxion for Super Seat Bolts brilliant product :) Also the dipstick extender thought was waste of money But yeah it is brilliant as well :) Next r/h tie rod easy to fit and Another brilliant product Last but the best one of the bunch the solid bush for the l/h tie rod once again easy to fit and a more than brilliant result :) :) P/S Next time you have seat off cut that stupid front mounting locator OFF it makes refitting the seat a breeze :) :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
When I sell my Suzuki and order front and rear shocks, I may throw in the left solid bushing. I already have the right tie rod. I will put the bushing in before working on the front shock and work the suspension and steering without the shock and see what it feels like for how free of movement it has. There should be no binding anywhere if Honda did their geometry homework; but it was the fear of binding as to why Honda put a rubber bushing on the left side.

For the seat bolts, I would just need some with built in washers and not the shoulders. My collars are glued to the seat and no longer a problem. The washers attempting to find the abbyse is the only problem I have with them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I sell my Suzuki and order front and rear shocks, I may throw in the left solid bushing. I already have the right tie rod. I will put the bushing in before working on the front shock and work the suspension and steering without the shock and see what it feels like for how free of movement it has. There should be no binding anywhere if Honda did their geometry homework; but it was the fear of binding as to why Honda put a rubber bushing on the left side.

For the seat bolts, I would just need some with built in washers and not the shoulders. My collars are glued to the seat and no longer a problem. The washers attempting to find the abbyse is the only problem I have with them.
It's got nothing to with Binding if a tie rod is fully serviceable it cant and wont bind it's a pivot :) :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It's got nothing to with Binding if a tie rod is fully serviceable it cant and wont bind it's a pivot :) :)
If Honda did not do the math correctly with where the tie rods pivot (for and aft) in relation to the pivot points in the suspension movement from full top to full bottom while steering lock to lock, then binding may occur if both tie rods are hard fixed and in the wrong place. Honda put in the highly flexible bushing on the left side to prevent any potential of binding if the math was wrong in picking locations of the pivots to the tie rods; yet they still wanted the safety factor of the second tie rod. I specified "if Honda did their geometry homework" as a reference to needing to do more advanced math calculations that relate to spacial objects moving in a 4 dimension model where distances between points must remain constant while allowing full motion. The odds are in favor of being in the correct spots, but I want to know for sure and feel it when I have the front shock out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts