GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading. I am looking at going with the full upgrade but is the frok brace need if I go tripple tree and vice versa, is tripple tree needed if I go frok brace?

for those of you who just recently had the installation done what was the out the door cost, if you don't mind me asking. If I go all out I am looking about $3,300.00. Is this about average.

Any help is welcome.

FYI I have a 2008 level 2 with 70,000 miles on it. I bought the 3 year maintence package and assumed they serviced the forks. Well from what I have been reading I guess thats not a service item. Thats what I get for assuming. We know what that does.

Thanks....

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looking at upgrading. I am looking at going with the full upgrade but is the frok brace need if I go tripple tree and vice versa, is tripple tree needed if I go frok brace?

for those of you who just recently had the installation done what was the out the door cost, if you don't mind me asking. If I go all out I am looking about $3,300.00. Is this about average.

Any help is welcome.

FYI I have a 2008 level 2 with 70,000 miles on it. I bought the 3 year maintence package and assumed they serviced the forks. Well from what I have been reading I guess thats not a service item. Thats what I get for assuming. We know what that does.

Thanks....
The triple tree and the fork brace are additive. Either gets you more stiffness than the OEM, both are stiffer than just one. From Traxxion:

"The brace gets about 50%, the lower clamps gets about 70% together we get about 85%."

The brace is less than half the price of the triple tree.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Railman

"IF" you plan to keep your "middle mileage" bike and really want to improve/enhance your riding experience.....do it all!!!

BUY ONCE...CRY ONCE

If you aren't certain how long you will keep it, make a few concessions.
Have forks serviced - new bushings, seals & oil
Replace springs
Disconnect ADV
Fork brace
Install the lower triple tree w/AllBalls

Have had the full monty for 4 years with the Kury fork brace and really enjoy my bike. Had the triple clamps and preload caps installed right after the Tennessee Lunch Ride and rode 625 miles home the same day...Wonderful!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Depends on how much money you are willing to spend. At 70K the forks need attention for sure. At 53K I had my forks rebuilt with new bushings, seals, oil, disabled ADV and new traxxion 1.1 spring kit all for under 500 bucks. I rode away from the shop(Midwest Custom cycle Work)one happy camper. The difference in ride and handling was distinct and the 600 mile ride home was a smile ride all the way.

I got a big bang for my buck.

Fred

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I guess you will have to decide.

70,000 in three years so you ride more than most and would greatly enjoy the standard Traxxion upgrade. It becomes a different bike.

As for the high priced triple trees, do not know, but those that have them say they do further improve the feel.

In any event the standard upgrade is pretty good.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Getting the Full Monty tonight. Sure was tough making the leap but decided to keep my '06 until Honda comes out with something revolutionary. $2,800 no triple tree.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Traxxioned

Had the standard Traxxion upgrade including all balls bearings in the headset, disabled anti-dive valve, Traxxion fork brace, Penske rear shock, steel braded hydraulic lines, and AK-20 fork cartidges. It transformed my bike from a wandering, wallowing, no confidence in the twisters bike to a 900 lb sport bike in the twisters. Now it is a pleasure to ride confidently and agressively in the curves when before Traxxion, I was very timid in the curves due to the under performing OEM suspension set up.
My cost was $2,200 as Traxxion was running a sale back in 2009 when it was installed. If you have the boot, get it done. If you like to ride with confidence in every condition, the Traxxion upgrade will not dissappoint.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Had the standard Traxxion upgrade including all balls bearings in the headset, disabled anti-dive valve, Traxxion fork brace, Penske rear shock, steel braded hydraulic lines, and AK-20 fork cartidges. It transformed my bike from a wandering, wallowing, no confidence in the twisters bike to a 900 lb sport bike in the twisters. Now it is a pleasure to ride confidently and agressively in the curves when before Traxxion, I was very timid in the curves due to the under performing OEM suspension set up.
My cost was $2,200 as Traxxion was running a sale back in 2009 when it was installed. If you have the boot, get it done. If you like to ride with confidence in every condition, the Traxxion upgrade will not dissappoint.
Ditto, had mine done yesterday and have experienced the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts