GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Max finally do the rear spring and shock rebuild and was very happy with the ride home from the shop; I couldn't wait to give the bike a good ride.
So last Saturday I took a 350 mile ride on all the gnarliest twisties we have around here; sweeeeet.

But I noticed a drastic drop in fuel economy. I mean drastic. I normally would've gotten 44 mpg on that ride and I got 38.
I figured that Traxxion put the rear wheel back on wrong, brakes were dragging, or what-not. I rolled around on the floor of the garage and checked things out; I heard a "noise" when I spun the rear tire.
I asked Paul to come over so I could listen to his final drive too; it was about the same.
Hmmmmm.

I took her for another ride this past Saturday with Paul, Daddysbike, & Helmetdance. Steve & Mark don't have Traxxion so I slowed it down for them to keep up (I was 2-up, mind you, and they were all 1-up).
My fuel economy returned to normal. Miracle?

Surgeon General's warning: Traxxion Dynamics suspensions can induce a fuel draining effect by imparting better handling. I must learn to control myself; I must learn to control myself.
With great power comes great responsibility...

:shock:

Holly cow. It's a different bike.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you figured it out, Bill. :D

After you said that you checked everything out and found nothing wrong, I figured that you were just riding a better bike... and enjoying it! :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
I had Max finally do the rear spring and shock rebuild and was very happy with the ride home from the shop; I couldn't wait to give the bike a good ride.
So last Saturday I took a 350 mile ride on all the gnarliest twisties we have around here; sweeeeet.

But I noticed a drastic drop in fuel economy. I mean drastic. I normally would've gotten 44 mpg on that ride and I got 38.
I figured that Traxxion put the rear wheel back on wrong, brakes were dragging, or what-not. I rolled around on the floor of the garage and checked things out; I heard a "noise" when I spun the rear tire.
I asked Paul to come over so I could listen to his final drive too; it was about the same.
Hmmmmm.

Let me get this straight, you usually get 44 mpg on your Wing and were disappointed with 38 mpg??? I never get anywhere close to that kind of mileage. My 06 Wing typically gets 33 to 34 mpg ariound town. The best I have ever gotten out of her on the highway is just under 38 mpg. That best mpg event was while running at 80ish mph with the cruise control set. I wonder what gives??? T.

I took her for another ride this past Saturday with Paul, Daddysbike, & Helmetdance. Steve & Mark don't have Traxxion so I slowed it down for them to keep up (I was 2-up, mind you, and they were all 1-up).
My fuel economy returned to normal. Miracle?

Surgeon General's warning: Traxxion Dynamics suspensions can induce a fuel draining effect by imparting better handling. I must learn to control myself; I must learn to control myself.
With great power comes great responsibility...

Holly cow. It's a different bike.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts

Doin' the "Yellow Wolf" will impart money loss?? If that's the case then the Tail can wait until gas goes under $1.50 a gallon. :roll: :wink:
ABB,
Ya could add throttle stop or somethin' like that to help also. :wink: :lol:

:flg:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redneck Dave said:

Doin' the "Yellow Wolf" will impart money loss?? If that's the case then the Tail can wait until gas goes under $1.50 a gallon. :roll: :wink:
ABB,
Ya could add throttle stop or somethin' like that to help also. :wink: :lol:

:flg:
Take out a spark plug...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Oh my......clear the pig trails......now ArnButt can go even faster.........everyone be on the lookout :shock:

I checked out my front end yesterday a bit on the Wolfpen, and man what an improvement. I am anxious to see what the rear will add. Talked to Paul too yesterday morning at the feed trough, and he mentioned how well his was handling after the upgrade.

We should take out one plug on each of you guy's bike for the WS ride so the rest can keep up 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you think that the rear shock drops mileage wait till you get both done!!! Lots of smiles but less miles. I wouldn't have it any orher way.

Redeye

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REDEYE said:
If you think that the rear shock drops mileage wait till you get both done!!! Lots of smiles but less miles. I wouldn't have it any orher way.

Redeye
I already did the front springs.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
The other side of the coin, (at least for me), is you will save on brake pad wear. I seem to be using the brakes a lot less now that I've had the Traxxion Suspension installed :!: :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts