GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to relate something positive.
Gl1800 2004

1. I recently had the Traxxion front and rear suspension installed. WOW what a difference. Much smoother, no hard bumps, no rythmic bounce down the freeway, soft rear suspension in the rear. I have my preload set on 2 ( I'm 265 lbs.) and for two up on 4-6 depending on passenger weight. No sag in my front end and no hard front end dives (anti dive valve is disabled). It handles very well around bumpy corners. Save your money and don't settle for less. (Note* I do have ALL Ball's (28 lbs. torque) and a Super Brace)
Work done by John at Southwest Suspensions in Phoenix, Az.

2. Put on a Russell Day long. It's the only way to go. Tried a Corbin Master,a Hartco and the stock seat. Thought the stock was the best. The Hartco was a very painful seat, even after they tried to fix it. Hartco just thought I was nuts. The Corbin was too rough riding for vibration and road bumps. Trust me they don't hold a candle to Russell Day Long. The first day we put 14 hours in the saddle. No sore rump for either of us. I drove in for a fitting. Very nice people and tried to please in any way possible.

3. The last morning in Lake Shasta, Ca. I checked my rear tire, Metzler.
No wobbles, no cupping and had 12.5k on the set. (I could have easly had another 4k miles on this set.) The rear tire had 3 splits inside the tread.
(I keep 41 psi front and rear as per Metzler) It was Thursday morning in a little town. Where was I going to find another set of tires in stock and get them mounted within 48 hrs.? I just new I was sunk for getting back to Tucson in time for work. Opened the yellow pages for motorcycle shops and found a big add for Lee's Honda in Redding, Ca. just 7 miles down the road. They claimed to have over 500 tires in stock. Low and behold they had Mets 880's and they were $317, which is $2 cheaper than the Goldwing store. They charged me $99 for the install and took me in right when I hit the door and was driving away in about 1:15 min. These were great guys. Please stop and see Steve and Orin at Lee's Honda if you need any work done up in the Redding, Ca. area. These were supper people and very friendly.

What a great trip and very scenic.

Ya' All Ride Safe,
Roger

P.S.
Found a crack clean through the screw hole and down its length on my front suspension down tube where the anti-dive valve setup bolts on. Honda District manager says it's not a warranty item. He said maybe someone put a wrench to the bolt. I told him his Honda shop did the last and only work on the front in in May when they replaced the front fork seals under warranty when the anti-dive valve caused the seals to fail. I'm not done with them yet. The other Honda shops say it is a warranty item. Small Claims Court will have to decide. $276 for the down tube.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Just a comment - sure is nice to read a post that is an upper - even the down part is sorta neutral.

We had the same kind of luck with the Honda dealers in Salt Lake City, UTand in Paige, AZ., when we had a tire go in one place, and had an alternator on a 1500 go in the other. And HRCA towing turned out to be first class, also. Even the two hour ride in the tow truck turned out to be a hoot.

And I feel the same way about Russell. GREAT bunch.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Send me the page for the Russel Day Long

1 - 3 of 3 Posts