GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read the past message boards, on raising the front spring forks to about 10 or 12 mm
Is it possible that it can be done without removing the wheel?
What else do I have to do to loosen to get this adjustment besides the clamp on top.
What about the Superbrace?
thanks
Edmund

PS
YA ALL Have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I'm not sure if Traxxion was recommending raising the fork tubes 10mm above the top triple clamp with just the springs. I know they are with the AK-20 kit, but not sure with just the fork springs. Anyway's you have to loosen the top triple clamp bolts and the lower steering stem clamp bolts and the fork tubes will then slide up or down. There is no need to remove the front wheel. Placing a jack under the front wheel will make it easier to adjust the fork tubes.

I'm not sure if you have a Superbrace or you just want some info about the Superbrace. My own experence with the Superbrace was that it caused the forks to blind somewhat and the bike road rougher over small ripples and bumps in the road. I would go with the Kury fork brace because the width of the brace can be adjusted to fit the small differences between different production forks, where as the Superbrace pulls the forks together to fit the Superbrace. That is what causes the forks to blind somewhat.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Let me add something here. Put the bike on the center stand. Place a support of some type below the engine. If you loosen all of the fork clamping bolts without the bike supported the front of the bike may suddenly drop and leave you with a GL on it's side.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did the Traxion fork spring conversion this spring and put the forks at the top, same as original. Worked perfect for me over 18,000 miles.

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Fork height can be considered a tuning option for the rider. You won't find it in the manual... :wink:

Lowering the front 10mm will help the bike steer easier after you put springs in. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts