GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the fork springs and rear shock from Traxxion, installed shock, went good with freds video. Want to install the fork springs now. My question is can i collapse the forks when i remove the stock springs to add the recommended fork oil level from Traxxion without removing the front tire?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Only got 10k think i will change fork oil next year, will give me something to do in the winter months.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My question is can i collapse the forks when i remove the stock springs to add the recommended fork oil level from Traxxion without removing the front tire?
yes you can, if you must ... I have done it before with another bike,

pumping the air out after filling with new oil is going to be a bit challenging considering the weight of the wheel with tire...

when you suck the old oil out you will not be getting all of it - the sediment and gunk settles to the bottom of the forks - best method is to remove forks - I'm sure the Traxxion directions suggest that approach

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Max, thanks alot. Your office faxed the new upgrade to me. Think u need to mention about the slight spring tension on both caps. If i am right, should list the right cartridge stem to be at the cap level, after purging to measure oil level ? I did miss the point of using the OEM washers, never did take directions easy LOL. Again thanks alot. Now shooting for the rear shock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts