GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one changed there own springs I recieved my spring in the mail when i ordered them i was told the would include a card with how much oil to put in forks .I will have new sliders and seals but i need to know how much oil to add.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,000 Posts
ANGUS said:
Has any one changed there own springs I recieved my spring in the mail when i ordered them i was told the would include a card with how much oil to put in forks .I will have new sliders and seals but i need to know how much oil to add.
I have installed a few sets now. There were no instructions about the fork oil level. I removed the damping cartridge from the right fork and pumped the cartridge to pump out all of the old fork oil out of the cartridge and then flushed it with some new fork oil to make sure all the old oil was out of the damping cartridge. I then filled both forks to Honda's spec's which is with the springs out of the forks and the forks fully compressed the fork oil level is 5 inches down from the top of the fork.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roadie I just recieved a E-Mail from Max he said The same 125mm from top of fork with fork comoressed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
springs

I will install seals a all new sliders and fresh oil.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
springs

I just took bike out for a ride there seems to big a big difference with the new springs bushings seals I dis-abled the anti dive the real test will come next week we plan on riding the Blue ridge parkway a couple of days.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,000 Posts
Does your bike wobble on decel with your hands off of the handlebars with the new springs and rebuild forks?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
springs

No wobble

1 - 8 of 8 Posts