GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
With Traxxion, preload works as before, in fact even better. Stock shocks I had to set on 2+ luggage just for me otherwise I’d be bottoming out and consistently touching down the pegs. Now the preload works though I like the 1+ luggage for just me.

What does not change is the dampening adjustment that occurs on the stock units. Though it really only changed very little in sport. Traxxion shocks will have a set dampening.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You can't use Honda's preload adjustments with the Traxxion upgrade?!? I'm out.
Not true!
Traxxion uses the Honda preload adjustment pump and slave cylinder to provide the same 4 settings as stock. Traxxion eliminates damping adjustability. If you want to keep the ability to adjust damping you can buy Wilbers or Hyperpro shocks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not true!
Traxxion uses the Honda preload adjustment pump and slave cylinder to provide the same 4 settings as stock. Traxxion eliminates damping adjustability. If you want to keep the ability to adjust damping you can buy Wilbers or Hyperpro shocks.
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2022 Blackwing Tour 6sp, Harley CVO Ultra - NW Chicago Burbs
512 Posts
You can't use Honda's preload adjustments with the Traxxion upgrade?!? I'm out.
Well exactly - Max has presented countless videos demonstrating he knows exactly how the Honda system works, the biases, and proportions of each setting option, and how to override, but never took the time to develop a plug and play upgrade that allows the same OEM adjustability?

On Edit, I just saw Idaho's reply. That's news to me as it's not mentioned on Traxxion's website. I will go back and check closer. Thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts