GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! I just installed the complete package along with a Kuryaken fork brace.The initial impression is impressive,I only rode about 50 miles on a road test today,but I could really tell the difference.The bike sits a bit higher even with the fork tubes raised 5mm,suggested by Traxxion.The ride is firmer,but the bumps are felt less.I find I can take the turns more aggressively and the bike feels surefooted and more responsive through the turns.The rebound characteristics are great.If you hit a whoop de do,it recovers imediately.I would say the ride on the straight away is reminisent of the VFR I had. I haven't tried any parking lot manuvers yet,so I won't comment on that.All in all so far I am happy with the results.I will post further comments as I put more miles on it.This is totally unsolicited.The job is not for the faint at heart( a lot of disassembly)and it is expensive,but worth every penny if the initial impression is any indication.....Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments....Jim

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Traxxion upgrade results

I forgot to mention the road test was done with the suspension set at 0.I used to have to raise it to 25 to ride up on my Direct lift without scraping my belly pan....Jim

·
Registered
525 Posts
A week ago I bought a 02 ABS that had 1,000 miles on it. I have not yet moved the Traxxion suspension from my other Wing yet and took a 100 mile ride yesterday with my wife. After a couple hours she said her neck hurt and she had a headache and wanted to go home, yet in November we rode 1800 miles over five days over all kinds of roads including some very bumpy ones and she had no problem at all.

I had ridden the stock bike a little during the weak and had noticed the harshness a little, but when we left 2 up I could tell the difference immediately. There is a stretch on 1-5 where the concrete has not yet been reground and there was a constant jolting. I had the rear set on 15 which was really 7 since the stocker's preload does not move until the indicator hits 8.

Today, we just took a short ride to lunch and my wife asked me which bike we were taking. She wasn't happy that it was the stocker and told me to hurry up and change the suspension.

Those who think this is all about twisties and crotch rockets are missing the point. Traxxion + 1800 miles = happy wife. :D

Stocker + 100 miles = wife with headache. :wink:

Take your pick.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
gpick said:
A week ago I bought a 02 ABS that had 1,000 miles on it.
Off thread here a bit...is that mileage correct?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jim
Glad to hear your report and thanks for your tension tool that I have not used yet as I have only about 27k. I am hoping to get my shock and forks in by the end of the week. My wobble really bothered me. I never had it til 24 k after installing the 3rd set of tires which were Metz. Replaced the front with another Metz then the back with a Bstone and the wobble stayed. I have replaced the stearing bearings and now waiting for my upgraded suspension. Almost every thing I do to my bike comes from guys like you on this board and all I really want is it to perform like it did when I bought it. I always felt some uncomfortable shimmying on interstates around big trucks and am looking forward to see some improvements. I can be pretty aggresive in the twistys but the wobble I now have makes me hesitant of it. Thanks to you and Fred and every one else I read, I will let you know my thoughts when its done

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just finished up installing the rebuilt forks this morning. Went for a 50 mile ride. It is what everyone has been talking about. Nice ride, absorbs the bumps very well and the low speed shakes are gone for whtaver reason. Also installed the tapered bearings. Worth the money. Thanks Max

R Spors

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Gentlemen,
I want to make you aware that you are to send one dollar for every positive comment toward traxxion to Nando

I lay claims and of rights and property to "Traxxion Positive Comments"...from this moment forward any positive comment for Traxxion will be the intellectual property of Nando which are hereby free to use for a simple fee of one dollar

Thanks very much

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Hey Jim ,

Glad it is working for you. I too went with the full Traxxion set up last fall and truly like it.

I feel I am an aggresive rider but was looking for something else. I am diabetic and have some problems with my hands and was looking for less sting on harsh roads. I can honestly say that this was accomplished and helps me do the long days that i like.

Another definate plus is that my wife noticed a differance for the good as well. Life is good!!!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Fred, I remember you posting somewhere that you were going to install the fork brace separately so you could determine what difference it made. Have you had the opportunity to do that yet?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey those ultra low mile bikes are out there. In 2004 I bought a 2001 that had 1150 miles on it. I was a happy guy.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
DASimle said:
... In 2004 I bought a 2001 that had 1150 miles on it. I was a happy guy.
??
wow .. bet you were.

I got a new 07 the end of November (picked it up with .4 miles)
and I've got almost 3k on it already.

... better start shopping for another?
:wink:

Dennis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts