GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just dropped my 18 Wing off at Fred Harmon’s place to have both shocks and the air filter replaced. Should get a good feel for the upgrade on my ride back to New Mexico on Friday, but from what I’ve read so far, I think I’m going to like it..... Ride safe, pikester

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
awesome! definitely would appreciate a write up on your thoughts. ive been thinking about doing it myself

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey everyone,

just dropped my 18 wing off at fred harmon’s place to have both shocks and the air filter replaced. Should get a good feel for the upgrade on my ride back to new mexico on friday, but from what i’ve read so far, i think i’m going to like it..... Ride safe, pikester

Warning you are not going to "like" the up grade !!!!!

You are going to "LOVE IT "

After 18500 miles I appreciate the up grade every time I ride the bike

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't recall if this particular question's been addressed before, but does installing aftermarket suspension parts void the original or extended manufacturer warranties on the bike?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I was getting the platinum package, but Fred never did give me the keys to his corvette! Oh well, he was kind enough to shuttle me back/forth to my motel. You guys are right, he’s a great guy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did my own upgrade last year and do not regret anything about it. I rides so very good that it's hard to get off at times. I wish I lived closer to Fred and Max but doing it yourself can be very lethargic in a weird way!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fred did mine earlier this summer. The shocks are a big improvement as I ride mostly curvy 2 lane roads in northern Arkansas and southern Missouri. His service is outstanding, a real treat to have an expert work on your bike rather a dealer tech. I am lucky to live an hour from Fred but well worth the trip for anyone who appreciates quality work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fred had my bike ready by 0900 this morning, picked me up from the hotel in his sweet Vette and I was packed up and heading home by 0930. I LOVE the way the bike rides/handles now! The ride feels firmer, but still plush. It glides through corners and feels like it is on rails, and begs to go faster through twisty roads. I’ve always loved riding this bike, but now I love it even more! Kudos to Max @ Traxxion and to Fred for doing top quality work..... Ride safe, Pikester.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
for all you guys that have had it done, describe the differences youre each experiencing from stock.

OEM Shocks: It felt like a pogo stick in front and in back; the front would bounce up and then a split second the back would bounce up, VERY annoying, worse suspension I have ever been on (I've had many bikes) and this is my 4th Wing and I hated the bouncing I've felt. It's also the first bike my wife was launched off the seat.

Trax suspension: No more pogo bounching, much better ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to upgrade my 2018 soon. Even though Traxxion is only about an hour away, I'm probably going to do it myself because I'm a cheap SOB.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You won't be disappointed!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts