GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering rebuilding my Traxxionized forks with new seals and sliders etc using oem Honda parts. Has anyone done a rebuild on Traxxionized forks and do I need new Traxxion parts in addition to the Honda parts?

any suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Andy

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
Traxion usesiHonda bushings with their builds. It wouldn't matter what seals you use. You will need to get their special tool kit to do it witch is fairly cheep. When you call to order that, ask what weight oil to use. Don't forget to get new crush washers for the drain bolts and new cap o-rings.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Traxxion put Maxima 125/150, 7wt oil set at 125mm from the top in my forks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am considering rebuilding my Traxxionized forks with new seals and sliders etc using oem Honda parts. Has anyone done a rebuild on Traxxionized forks and do I need new Traxxion parts in addition to the Honda parts?

any suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Andy
Andy, get a hold of Paulb269 http://midwestcustomcyclework.com/ . He lives in Evansville, and is a Traxxion Dealer/installer and one hell of a great guy. He will tell you what you need to do. But you need to hurry, he is leaving Wednesday morning to go north and then to Rockys Gold. He will be home in about a week and a half. PM me if you want his cell phone number

1 - 4 of 4 Posts