GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got 14+K on my '03 wing now, and have been told by Non wing owners that I need new tires.... I took my wing in for ECM Recall just 500 miles ago, they say tires are fine, a good few thousand left on them.... Where are the indicators.... Are there any? :roll: ive got stock dunlops on now.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Both, Bridgestones and Metzlers have little triangle shaped arrows on the sidewalls at the very edge of the tread that point toward the tread wear indicators. You will be looking for a 1/8 inch wide raised area inside the tread grooves.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Tire wear indicator indicators....

I never knew about the arrows on the side pointing to wear indicators. I just look at the tire and when I can find the wear indicators easily, it is time. They are real easy to find when you are very close to needing tires. When I am about to go on a long trip, I start looking a little closer to try to find them buried within the tread. There is no harm in looking closer at the tire trying to find those indicators…..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im good

For a while, at least, I am good. I would like to try and ride through July on these dunlops, Ill keep my eyeball on the tread, thankyou for the help gentlemen.

8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts