GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, Due to a lack of space & forgeting to cover the car ( 2002 Ford 4 door sedan ) and Wing , I am in the process of removing tree sap :cry:
Any help would be great ! I've ran the car thu a car wash ,that helped some .They sit exposed to the sun all day. I've got a can of Turtle Wax Bug & Tar and Tree Sap remover 16oz.liquid stock #T-525.
Anybody used this ? Any comments on what works works would be great thanks :D

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Try the great ol' standby WD40, it is amazing what it will remove without hurting the finish.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
now that they have told you what to use to remove the sap...I would suggest either park somewhere else or remove the source of the sap ( Cut the tree down)......or buy a bike cover......I cover my bike everyday when I get to work because of the crap that drips off of the leaves.....then I just wash the cover once in awhile........

·
Registered
684 Posts
Back in the day, I used the bug & tar remover on my Venture's windshield, & it took off a plastic coating that the windshield had on it.

This ruined the looks of the windshield, so I replaced it.

I would not take the chance on any bike windshield .......it does work well for tar on painted surfaces. I have never had tree sap, but I guess it would take that off as well.

Mike

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
after you get it clean, put on a coat of REJEX, next time the sap and bugs will wipe right off with a damp rag.

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
got some stuff in the garage made by Turtle Wax called colorback, works great in removing tar, marks and grime, should work on sap also, not sure if it's still avilable, I've had it a while...

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
wd-40 will work but you have to use a small blade putty knife wrapped with a cloth. Soak the cloth in wd-40.

If you think tree sap is bad, try removing cypress sap. That stuff is the pits!

·
Registered
922 Posts
'07 model no more sap problem.....

I had the same thing happen to my car and it actually etched its way into the paint, no way I could get it out, finally sold the car. Buy one of those half covers to use for times when not at home, if it's an out door bike like mine get a good bike cover, several companys offer lifetime warrentys, well worth the money.

Good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Go to a auto parts store and get some Clay Magic....this is good for paint over-spray, tar, tree sap, bugs...etc and it will not hurt your paint (clear coat)....not sure about the windshield...... I bought some at a Auto Zone for around 12.00 .....

Hope this helps

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts