560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RIVCO isolator with the following color/function;

Black = ground
Brown = tail
Green = brake
Orange = left turn
Blue = right turn

I have a Trekker trailer with a round 5 wire plug. It has Red, Brown White, Yellow, Green wiring. It has LED lights and a 12 volt outlet inside. The right tail light has Green, Brown, and White wires. The left tail light has Yellow, Brown, and White wires. I hate electrical wiring......

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found some articles in the trailer forum about using a 5 to 4 converter, which I remembered coming with the trailer. I wired it in and still can't get it to work. I've tested power coming off of the bike and everthing is good. Nothing seems to be coming out of this converter. Any advise?

·
Registered
153 Posts
kbach, maybe I'm missing something here, but if you have a 5-conductor isolator and a 5-conductor trailer harness, why are you trying to use a convertor? I have the same on my '06 with a Aluma MCTXL trailer except my isolator is one from Electrical Connection and I wired the respective plugs according to which wire feeds which function on the trailer. I used a VOM and an electrical 12V probe to map the feeds and everything works!

Good Luck, Barry

·
Registered
143 Posts
trailer wiring

looks like you have it figures out alreeady. White is ground brown is running lights and the other will be turn signals. Tom

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I needed a converter going from the bike with individual turn/brake lights to the trailer with a singe light that does both. With the trailer being LED I'm not positive. I'll keep messing around with it. I've only blown 1 fuse so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Aluma trailer has LEDs all around-no problem. It will work. Just tedious!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts