GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen these trailers before and if they are quality or not. Hope to get a trailer this year but there is so many to choose from!

W

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
A friend of mine has a trailer that looks a lot like it, but not sure that it is a Trekker?? It does have a Gargantuiant cargo box though; 35 CF. I have only seen it once, and it looks like the Trekker. :doorag:

G

·
When I was looking, this was my trailer of choice if I were to purchase. I like the seperate compartment in the front. I spoke to a dealer, who was having a booth at the Sturgis Bike Rally, 2008. He shot me a pretty good deal if I would come to Sturgis and pick it up. I debated for a few days about doing that, but decided to build one instead. I did alot of looking first, and this one would have been my choice. In my case, labor is free and money is tight, so I built instead.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have one. It's my first trailer, so I can't compare it to others. I got it a couple years back as a demo (the price was right). I've pulled it over 10K miles with no issues. It follows the bike well and doesn't sway regardless of speed. You can put a lot of stuff in it and the balance stays good. My biggest headache has been with the wiring. If you get one, order the complete EC isolator and wiring harness. I also had a wire pinched were it came through the tongue that had me baffled for a couple days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply’s. So if I got the Bustec hitch with the "Plug-N-Play Electronic Relay Isolator Package", I should be good, correct? I’m hoping to get all set up for spring if all goes right. Or if it ever stops snowing here!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I bought a Rivco hitch with a 3 inch drop so the trailer tongue would be level. The hitch came with an isolator. The trailer comes with a round 5 connector. I installed isolator and tried a couple 4 to 5 converters. Nothing seemed to work right for me, I believe due to the low voltage of the signal. I talked with Lewis at EC and ended up getting his complete trailer wiring package, whiched worked right immediately. Can't say if the Bushtec system will work, but if it doesn't, you can get the right parts pretty easy.

During one of my last road trips, I thought I was having trouble with the plug and changed it to a flat 5. That ended up not being the problem and was tracked down to the short were the wiring enters the body from the tongue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts