GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the day off today so I rode my Saturday ride route again to make sure of mileages, time frames, etc.

Here's the scoop for those who want to tag along with me Saturday during Wingstock. My ride will leave Traxxion at 7:30 am. I know; that's early, but I have a great route and a couple of neat things planned. The early departure time allows us to get to the lunch location at about 11:30, which will beat the crowds. So, show up fed, gassed up, bladders empty. A light breakfast should do because lunch will be about 4 hours later.

I will collect 3 dollars from each bike before we leave . That will speed and simplify admission to the State Park we will enter. That's where we'll see a huge waterfall. Riding to the top is fun, too.

I would love it if everyone was at least 15 minutes early, preferably 30. That will give us time to go over some group riding protocol, collect money and probably pick some other ride leaders if there are too many bikes for one group. We'll play it by ear.

If all goes as planned, we should be back in town around no later than 5pm. That will give you time to freshen up a little before returning to Traxxion for food, fellowship and seminars.

I hope I've answered your questions and look forward to meeting old friends and making new ones.

Dan Duffy (DDKing) has promised to be there. We'll make him comfortable....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Janis and I will be there even though I think there is a local ordinance that says it is illegal to be awake that early on a Saturday.

Latest weather forcast: Low Friday night 44 - High Saturday 68.

Yahooooo !!!! Goodbye summer!!!

Rick

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Dang......that IS early......and chilly too! Lori and I will tag along....I'll follow Rick I guess.......No Friday night Mexican Rick!

8)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Weather will be 47 at night, 72 during the day, so make sure you are ready for the estimated temperature of 49 at 7:30am on Saturday morning, and leave luggage space if you need to shed clothing in the afternoon.

Do not forget Paul's other ride ...
trialsman said:
Friday the 29th: If you can make it in town Friday, join us at Traxxion Dynamics, 261 Rope Mill Road, Woodstock. ... About 7pm, fall in behind me if you want to taste some really good southern-style cooking. I'll take the group for about a 20 min ride to a place I know. After dinner it's back to your room or campsite to rest up for Saturday.
'cept the details keep on changing :)
trialsman said:
Informal meet and greet at Traxxion Dynamics all day Friday the 29th. ... Around 6:45pm anyone with a taste for some good country cookin fall in behind me. Got a great place about 30 minutes away.
but you get the idea. Temperatures will be in the high 50s when this ride is to head out.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpity

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trialsman said:
That's where we'll see a huge waterfall. Riding to the top is fun, too.
Just to confirm, that doesn't mean we are hiking, right? :D

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
g1nomad said:
trialsman said:
That's where we'll see a huge waterfall. Riding to the top is fun, too.
Just to confirm, that doesn't mean we are hiking, right? :D
Paul doesn't hike....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Count Judy and I in for the ride.

Rick, what time are you and Janis heading out? Man, 7:30 a.m. starting point is early.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Count two more for the ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Paul, where's your dinner ride Friday evening? Is it to the Southern Skillet on Highway 20?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Friday night dinner ride to a place called Family Tradition, 7830 Ga. Hwy. 140, Woodstock, Ga. 30188, 770-345-7117, if that helps.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Count down to one now.
See ya there.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Friendly bump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts