GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this board. I removed the cowl, center inner fairing and inner fairings (this is what the manual calls these parts.) In taking off the center inner fairing, there was a part which blocked the top. It had a long screw into the top of the cavity, and an long spacer. It was attached to a triangle shaped piece of metal with a hole in the middle and also a slot. That piece came off when I removed the screw. I am trying to find a reference to this part so I can find a section in the service manual which shows how this goes back together. There is another triangular piece with a round disk below it and a rectantular protrusion which the part I unscrewed clips onto. My description may not be too easy to understand. Does anyone know what this is called and where I can find a diagram showing how to reassemble it?

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and I have gotten a lot of good information. Thanks. Mick from Napa

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Year? Always post the YEAR!

Service manual! Invaluable. Pays for itself!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sounds like the signal cancel switch mounted on the bottom of the triple tree ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that's it

Thanks guys,

That's exactly where it is. I found it in the service manual so I'm home free. Mick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts