GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for posting the link Butch, the one with John Wayne speaking was the one that tugged at me while I watched the slideshow.

For those that might not be familiar with the PGR, it's not about us, it's all about honoring the fallen Hero and showing respect for their families.

Right now as you read this there are PGR members on their way to "Stand for those that stood for us". Taking off work, riding in all types of weather, riding hundreds of miles to stand in a flag line to honor someone they didn't know. Why you might ask. Because...."It's the right thing to do".

I know for me, being a member has been the most mentaly and spiritualy satisfying thing I've ever done.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
We participated in one Patriot Guard Ride. It's one of the most moving events one can experience.
You feel several emotions ranging from anger-pride. But when you leave and reflect on the event on the way home, you get a tremendous feeling.
I feel everyone should participate in a ride. You'll never forget it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
tourman said:
We participated in one Patriot Guard Ride. It's one of the most moving events one can experience.
You feel several emotions ranging from anger-pride. But when you leave and reflect on the event on the way home, you get a tremendous feeling.
I feel everyone should participate in a ride. You'll never forget it.
I agree...it's a huge emotional roller-coaster and one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This will be our first this Sunday.

Final Itinerary and Stagging for PFC Ross A. McGinnis - Knox, PA:

Patrick and Margie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts