GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid a king's ranson for something called Master Formula Metal Gloss at the International Bike show back in January because the demo was impressive.
(Controlled conditionls and all that). Tried it today, and while it did make the wheels look better it doesn't hold a candle to Busch polish. IMHO
The Master Formula does do a real nice job on jewelry, so my wife made out like a bandit on this deal. ;-)

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I don't put much hope in any of those polishes at shows, all the person does all day long is polish the same piece over and over again, sure it will good there. I use Mothers, it works great on the wheels.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I use Liquid Glass on everything on the bike chrome, paint, even the Baker wings. The stuff is amazing.
Kurt:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
semi-chrome paste for metal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Master Formula

I too bought Master Formula, at a Hot Rod auto show. I paid $12 for the Metal Gloss and $12 for the Sealer Gloss. This stuff is by far the best metal polish I have used! The Metal Gloss removes the abuse/neglect, the Sealer Gloss removes the residue from the polishing and lays down an amazingly long lasting sealer. I polished and sealed my wheels 2 years and 26k miles ago. I had someone today ask me how I got that amazing shine on my wheels. My other secret. After every ride, I fill my 1/2 gal. pump spray bottle with water and 6 drops of hair shampoo, then I spray the rode grime and brake pad dust off the wheels. Most times I don't even wipe them off.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
My son picked this stuff up at the local autoparts store about a year ago...

He used it clean up the chrome wheels on his 23 year old Mercedes, the wheels look like new now, they were not pretty when he first got the car for $1,000!.

From 2008-08-16 John's New Suit

I found the Nano Polish in the garage last week and used it to clean up the chrome wheel on my Wing. I had kinda let the wheels go for a few months and brake dust was not coming off with normal Honda Cleaner & Polish.

Low effort to polish and does not take very much to do the job! My Son polished his wheels every week with the stuff (Overkill but He is really proud of that old MB). The can is almost to the bottom after a years worth of use on four automotive chrome wheels and one touch up on a set of Chrome Goldwing wheels. I'm getting a new can, good stuff, my wheels look like new again!

From 2009-04-18 Heart Attack Grill">
From 2009-04-18 Heart Attack Grill

They still don't look too bad even in Chandler Arizona after riding from Los Angeles this past weekend...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I just took your suggestion and ordered a bottle for my collection

Post your thoughts when you try it out- use it with a dry scotch pad on the rims- way less effort than Mothers, and a little goes a long way- a drop turns into a puddle when you work it in with a scotch pad. Better than Semi-chrome, Never dull, Extreme, and any other polish I've tried over the years. :congrats:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Paid a king's ranson for something called Master Formula Metal Gloss at the International Bike show back in January because the demo was impressive.
(Controlled conditionls and all that). Tried it today, and while it did make the wheels look better it doesn't hold a candle to Busch polish. IMHO
The Master Formula does do a real nice job on jewelry, so my wife made out like a bandit on this deal. ;-)
go get some mequires HOT Wheel Cleaner Polish, my wheels look chrome
after just one application.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wheels Polish

Picked up the MOTHERS paste polish last week.

Tried it on the wheels. They came up not bad.

Needed mucho elbow grease to get them cleaned up.

Too tired to ride now.

txs, F

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Post your thoughts when you try it out- use it with a dry scotch pad on the rims- way less effort than Mothers, and a little goes a long way- a drop turns into a puddle when you work it in with a scotch pad. Better than Semi-chrome, Never dull, Extreme, and any other polish I've tried over the years. :congrats:

Thanks.....I don't clean it often, but when I do, I'll let you know:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts