GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a good cleanup, checked air in tires, & installed the Big Bike Parts tire pressure sensors, I figured I had better ride a few miles solo. We're planning on a ride tomorrow, since the forcast temperature is around 75. I don't remember at what speed some of you complained that the Vstream shield was flexing. Please refresh my memory, with a few responces. I got it up to 75, & mine didn't flex any more than the stock. I had it up all the way too. My only complaint so far is with it up all the way, there's quite a bit of distortion, trying to look between the vent & the dash. Now I realize there's going to be very few times a person needs to look from this position. More riding, will help to determine, if I love it, or hate it. I'm sure "momma" will let me know her opinion, whether the V stream helps with buffeting or not. The tire pressure sensors may be a great idea. The fob is smaller than I expected, but it's big enough to read the numbers. I don't know what the range is for the receiver to pick up the signals, but I know it works beyond 50 feet. it measures pressure in even numbers, & 1/2 i.e. 41 & 41.5. Not sure why I would need to know the temperature of each tire, but it provides that too.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Did you get the V-Stream with the vent? If so...did you have any trouble installing it? I fought with the vent for over an hour tonight and just can't get the top lip to snap in place. It's almost as if the V-Stream is too thick. The windshield seems very hard to slide up and down as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Vstream that had installed flexed back towards me at 65mph.I found that it was very flimsy and too flexable. I treyed it a ll speeds the faster I went the more it bent back towards me untill at 85 I was looking over the top. Just didn't like it at all. I also found that the buffering was much worst than with the Tulsa tall that I replaced.Removed it and returned it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the tulsa tall will end buffeting, just the way my windshield on my pontiac vibe gt does, thats why they call the tulsa, a barn door

the v stream is much more flexable, just by touching it

everyone needs to make up their own opinion on that one

for once, the stock item works well for me

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I went back out to the garage and gave it one more try...the vent is finally on. What a pain!:evil: Since I haven't riddden with the V-Stream, I'll just keep my fingers crossed I like it. On my '03, I had a Tulsa and a Windbender in both flavors (ST and HP) with the electric option. I liked the ST best. It had quite a bit of flex too. If this shield is at least as good as the Windbender was, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn: another windshield thread

·
Registered
552 Posts
I installed my V-Stream rode 200 miles. Boxed it up and returned. I ordered the F4+4 and IMHO it's 10 times better.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn: another windshield thread
Actually, I was asking Verdayne for some help because he had recently installed the same model. So sorry to bore you with another motorcycle windshield post. I'll try to limit my participation on the board to more constructive posts like yours from now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts