GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I build my own trikes and the 1200 Merwing avatar is an example of such, however my fiberglassing skills don't rank up there with my fabracation skills.

Is anyone aware of any trike company that might sell me just a body?

Troublemaker

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Boy that's a good question? I would think the existing manufacturers would shy away because of liabilty and public perception. Is this a one shot build just for your own use?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Looks like a GL1200 Goldwing. You could get lucky and find the plastic that MotorTrike used to make. Here is what the MotorTrike 1200 kits look like - They had a ton of road clearance, a lot more than the 1500s. However, MotorTrike quit making the 1200 kits the beginning of last year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Lone star
I have done about 6 trikes with Friends all were VW based however.
I have a friend that works in a Mercedes salvage yard and had given me this rear end out of a 300 series, it set for two years with weeds growing through it until he showed up with three rims to fit it.
then I just had to build it.

an 1800 is in the future... just don't know when. I have to much fun riding it as a two wheeler right now and if you look at my profile (pictures) I've got one or two trikes laying around.

the trike sites I have talked to have just said they would sell with out the whole kit being purchased.

troublemaker

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Harry,
that sure looks like it was molded off of the 1200 bags with fenders added.
thanks for the picture I'm starting to think I might be able to do this.
But it's a given it's going to be messy and lots of sanding will undoubtedly take place( I hate fiberglass)

Troublemaker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts