GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through some of the posts here and I know that the conversion to a trike voids the warranty according to Honda's policies. But I've also read that the decision to work on OR perform warranty work on trikes is basically up to the individual dealers. So, the $64k question is this: Has anyone been fortunate enough to discover a Honda dealer in their locale that is trike-friendly? If so, please share the love (and info) with the rest of your brothers and sisters here. Thanks!

Ed

·
Registered
245 Posts
Heartland Honda, Springdale Arkansas is very trike friendly. If you are ever in NW Arkansas and need help, they are the ones to turn to.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trike-Friendly Dealer

Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR is also a trike-friendly dealer. They sell the CSC trikes.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
H&W Honda, Marshall Texas. (A Champion and MotorTrike dealer)

·
Registered
362 Posts
NAULTS in Manchester NH, a CSC dealer.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
maybe we need to put a list togather of triker friendly dealers....

My local is, Adventure Sports, Elizabethtown, KY

·
Registered
139 Posts
More & more HONDA dealers are getting into the trike business. (IMHO this is a testimate to the fact that HONDA is not going in that direction anytime soon.) I would think that you could go to any trike manufacturer's website and look to see if your brand of trike is being built at a Honda Dealer. Don't look for HONDA to publish a list of their triking dealers. In the Indianapolis area there are two trikes represented:
1. Noblesville HONDA-GL1800 CSC COBRA
2. Dryer HONDA-CHAMPION
Mike

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Palm Beach Cycles WAS trike-friendly, but they moved the service department across the street and the door is not wide enough for a trike now...absurd, but true. So I am looking again...guess I'll call Cliff and Cheryl and find out who they go to now...at least I do my own oil changes...and will go up to Tony for work on the trike...thought I was all set here...

B

·
0 Posts
Breaker said:
I've looked through some of the posts here and I know that the conversion to a trike voids the warranty according to Honda's policies.
Ed,

You haven't read ALL the post because I have posted this a few times already. According to American Honda Motorcycle Customer Support:

Trike conversions do not completely void the factory warranty. They may however exclude coverage on certain parts of the bike that have been modified, as well as exclude non-modified components if their cause of failure is found to be related to the conversion. For example: If the wire harness has been altered to accommodate different rear brake lights for the trike, then any problems with those would have to be addressed with the trike dealer; And if the front headlight bulb goes out and is found to be unrelated to any of the trike modifications, then it will be covered. On the same note, If there are any transmission concerns, we have to determine if those are related to the conversion, (extra weight, load, two wheels, etc.), or if it is a legitimate factory defect which could have happened on a stock two wheel unit. The customer should find out if the trike dealer offers warranty on their parts and workmanship as well.
Yes, a dealer is involved in the descision, but the Trike does not - in and of itself - void the warantee.

I would hate to think that you or KYBLUE just bought new Wings and had them triked at a cost of (probably) over $30,000 and you have NO warantee at all. That would be quite a risk even knowing how bulletproof the GL1800 is.

·
Registered
786 Posts
YES,
Honda of Jackson
Jackson , Ohio is one of the best that I have talked to around here,
Also Riverfront of Galliopolis is too.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I checked with my local dealer before I triked it....no problem.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
S&W Triker said:
Palm Beach Cycles WAS trike-friendly, but they moved the service department across the street and the door is not wide enough for a trike now...absurd, but true. So I am looking again...guess I'll call Cliff and Cheryl and find out who they go to now...at least I do my own oil changes...and will go up to Tony for work on the trike...thought I was all set here...
That's the goofiest thing I have heard in a long time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Thanks for all the great info, people! And thank you beastie for the warranty clarification. That's actually good to know.

Keep up the great work people and let's hear about more cooperative dealers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Free State Honda in Topeka KS is a CSC, and Champion dealer. They have performed the recall work on my Hannigan without a problem and I didn't buy from them. Actually they didn't have to do any warranty work just checked it out.
Dwight

·
Registered
581 Posts
KYBLUE said:
I checked with my local dealer before I triked it....no problem.
Don't you live around Lexington Ky.? If so why didn't you go to Richmond Honda, they are also a CSC dealer.

Ken

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
KenL
Lexington is about 100 miles away....my local dealer is also a Blue Knight member and gives us a BK discount, how's 19100 for a Com/Audio/Nav sound. I don;t think Richmond would give me that price...Richmond is a good dealer, he did my 02 Champion trike....also my trike installer is only 40 miles away....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Honda of Lafayette (I-10 & N. University) in Lafayette, LA is a CSC dealer, and works very well with Trikers.

Southside Honda (Johnston st. south) also in Lafayette. LA is a Motor Trike Dealer and also works very well with trikes.

SO...I guess we are blessed to have two dealers within 10 miles of each other that we can turn to, for some assists when problems arise.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
For those in and around the Baltimore, MD area, I would highly recomend the guys over at Cycle World on Rt 40 West. Not only have they been helpful with the trike issues, but they have not been afraid to tackle the other "fun stuff" that my bike presents them with. Good guys for sure.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Cowboy Honda in Beaumont, Texas is a CSC dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Metro Powersports in Canton, Michigan sells CSC conversions. They are converted at Lonestar Trikes in Canton, Michigan. I have had excellent service from both of them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts