GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Trike rally

Sounds like political double talk to me. When GWRRA "absorbed" TRI they ,IMHO, should have been prepared to assume the losses ect. associated with the trike rallies. Yes, we attened Sikeston, Branson several times and we enjoyed them. Since we are vendors at hot rod shows, I can tell you from a vendors perspective, all these rallies were "do NOT attend again". All those vendors that did attend had to lose their behinds. Very little customer traffic in the vendor areas and those that walked down were not buying. I would guess that GWRRA will let the trikes segment die a silent death. Too bad too, I believe this will be the fastest growing segment of Goldwing riders soon. No bashing intended here, JMHO. Ride safe, Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Rider Steve...... Bigger don't mean better.....
I've attended some Wing Dings, the now gone and forgotten Honda Hoot and other "LARGE BIGGER AND BETTER" shindigs. What the wife and I do is go ONE day, hit the vendors, spend $300-400 or more for some bling, then go home. We're not the stay for three or four days and do things with 200-1000 or more people. We look up some of our friends that are there, then head out on our own journeys.
So, is bigger better for us.... NOPE.... We like the little gatherings such as Kerrville, and Russelville. Hoping to get to the annual CBTC Meeting one of these years. Especially since I'm one of the Charter Members. Sure there aren't any vendors but I can get my bling off the internet sites for the vendors so why fight HUGE crowds?
JMHO Such a party pooper I am Huh?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I am sorry the Bowling Green rally is cancelled as I am sure many would enjoy it. We have had four or five "small" reunions, not rallys, in Kerrville, TX. and all seem to enjoy themselves with the 60-70 trikes that attend.

We do not charge any fees to attend. We have no vendors, as we do not want to get into finding display sites, insurance, etc. No one seems to mind as you can buy "bling" on the internet or other rallies as was mentioned earlier by Rim Country.

I personally enjoy the small gatherings as I get to meet more folks and see all types and brands of trikes....we meet, greet, ride and eat. What else is there?? JMHO
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am sorry the Bowling Green rally is cancelled as I am sure many would enjoy it. We have had four or five "small" reunions, not rallys, in Kerrville, TX. and all seem to enjoy themselves with the 60-70 trikes that attend.

We do not charge any fees to attend. We have no vendors, as we do not want to get into finding display sites, insurance, etc. No one seems to mind as you can buy "bling" on the internet or other rallies as was mentioned earlier by Rim Country.

I personally enjoy the small gatherings as I get to meet more folks and see all types and brands of trikes....we meet, greet, ride and eat. What else is there?? JMHO
:thumbup:

:agree::agree::agree:
Could have said it better George.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Meet and greet

tcj, American Trike Riders is holding a "Meet and Greet" in Harrison Arkansas Sept. 15,16,17, 2011. NO entry fee and you do NOT have to be a member of anything to attend, at least that is my understanding. I am thinking perhaps we may go with a few of our trike riding friends. Should be cooler by then and always good roads to ride in that area. I am NOT a member of ATR but sounds like a good excuse for a ride to me !! Ride safe, Dave

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
:wrong:After I just had my brike triked. I was looking forward to some cool weather riding this fall.
No Joke there. This year has been miserable to say the least...
How is the Traxxion set up working out? As expected or better. I bet the front end is more stable now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts