GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created a new thread as the other thread was more devoted to trike lifts, not ramps......hope that's OK?
Taking various ideas from others that posted their suggestions, below is what I came up with.......

All three ramps have removable top level for clearance (metal dowel pins), once on the 3rd level I can easily slip the top level on to give me a full 6".
The front ramp also has an easily removable ramp portion so once the trike is up on the ramps I can have full access underneath.
Thanks to all for your suggestions........now I just need my trike. :LOL:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Black Road surface

Wheel Tire Light Automotive tire Road surface

Tire Wheel Black Road surface Rectangle

·
Registered
799 Posts
Now that is SWEET!!!!! So appropriate for the shop they live in. Us old country boys must stick with the first edition model.

You did yourself proud Brian!! (y) :D

• Haha
Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice idea but if you have running boards on the trike you may have a clearance problem.
It shouldn't be a problem.....I used the ground clearance specifications directly from CSC as a guide when I built the ramps.
That's why the top level is removable and slides in place when the trike is on the 3rd level, otherwise there would have been an issue.

If it does turn out to be a clearance problem, then CSC's published information is incorrect........I'll return the trike. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Now that I ride a trike, i'm all eyes and ears..............I just jack up the rear/front and stick a 12 inch 4x4's under each wheel..... it's not half as fancy as your idea (invention) here but it works... and it's so much easier to service the engine. (oil / filter changes r a snap this way also) and waxing the trike, is also so much easier, no more bending over, I just sit on an old milk crate, and wax away..... great idea Brian (y)

Ronnie
1/20/22

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
885 Posts
That is really cool, especially the removable section from the front wheel ramp.

·
Registered
2019 Tour 6MT
617 Posts
Real nice work. Obviously a person that takes great pride in doing the job correctly.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a followup........
The ramps I built turned out perfect, clearance is no problem and provides great height for oil changes and other fun stuff. ;)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

• Wow
Reactions: Kenichi and Art H.

·
Registered
744 Posts
We have 4 plastic ramps that we got from Napa for our Duramax pickup and we use 3 of them for our Goldwing CSC Trike. Work slick and super light too but they are heavy duty.
You can get them made for different weights as my buddy has some plastic ones that he uses for his Semi.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
799 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GREAT NEW Brian!!!

We've been wondering when a photo of that new ride would surface. SUPPER SHARP TRIKE!!! Just in time for the riding season.

ENYOY!!

Jerry
Thanks...
More pics here, if interested...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those who don’t have the time or talent that Brian has check out:

www.raceramps.com
Not sure I have either one of those..... ;)
But that is a great alternative......never saw those before. (y)

Only thing missing is the satisfaction of building something for yourself......something I wish I'd do more of.
One thing I wish....The 2018+ walking mode will not make it up the ramps, it tries but can't quit do it.......so on the DCT you need to temper the throttle up and get ready with the brake.
Little unnerving the first couple of times with a new trike! :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Not sure I have either one of those..... ;)
But that is a great alternative......never saw those before. (y)

Only thing missing is the satisfaction of building something for yourself......something I wish I'd do more of.
One thing I wish....The 2018+ walking mode will not make it up the ramps, it tries but can't quit do it.......so on the DCT you need to temper the throttle up and get ready with the brake.
Little unnerving the first couple of times with a new trike! :giggle:
BTW...do tell us how great the new Honda Lawnmower cuts the grass....tee hee;)

• Haha
1 - 18 of 18 Posts