GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is TRI a three legged (wheeled) version of the GWRRA? That's what it looks like to me from what I can see as a visitor to it's web site. It even looks to be operated from the same place and owned by the same family.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Is TRI a three legged (wheeled) version of the GWRRA? That's what it looks like to me from what I can see as a visitor to it's web site. It even looks to be operated from the same place and owned by the same family.
Basically yes. They have a great magazine that comes out quarterly that is worth the price.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Yes to all of your comments, Ben. They held a TRI rally in Sikeston, MO last summer. Not a lot of participation per a friend who attended. Less than we had in Oct. As you say, it is a spin off of the GWRRA....same folks, same address, etc.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes to all of your comments, Ben. They held a TRI rally in Sikeston, MO last summer. Not a lot of participation per a friend who attended. Less than we had in Oct. As you say, it is a spin off of the GWRRA....same folks, same address, etc.
Thanks for verifying what I thought, George. David, How does the TRI magazine differ from the GWRRA magazine, which mostly is made up of pictures the regional officers?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hello Ben,

Nancy Sell, one of our forum members (was in Kerrville last Fall) was a top honcho with Texas TRI. :bow:

I don't know where she stands now.

Perhaps she will kick in here later on......!!!

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for verifying what I thought, George. David, How does the TRI magazine differ from the GWRRA magazine, which mostly is made up of pictures the regional officers?
I think I'm correct in saying that the magazine is fairly new. They have some great photos of trikes in it and are putting some ride reports. I know on the Trike Riders International website they were asking for folks to volunteer to write and submit articles for publication. They also ask for members to submit pics of their rides for publication. They are also putting in some articles from their Safety director on riding safely which I think will be interesting and informative in the future.

I'm not a member of GWRRA so I don't know about that magazine but I think they are going in the right direction with the TRI magazine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was at the TRI rally in Sikeston, MO last summer. I won the wag trailer, they gave away. I had bought tickets on trailer, at Billings,Mt. the year before. I had a trailer, so I sold it there. Might try to win another one this year, if they have one. JoeA

·
Registered
8,038 Posts

You got it Ben.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I have belonged to the TRI since it started. The magazine is mainly like the Wing World. Most, if not all, articles are sent in by members about their rides, etc. Some nice pics of trikes and meetings. I dropped the GWRRA a couple of months ago. I just got tired of reading articles of "I did this and I did that and here is a pic of my next door neighbor's dog sitting on my Gold Wing". Couldn't stand it any longer.

Why do the guys I ride with call me "Grumpy"?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Been a member since last year, you don't have to belong to GWRRA to belong..GWRRA is over $45 a year...and TRI is $20....I belong to both...they web page is so/so...know one has input this this one.....

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Tried their magazine - did not figure it could be worse than the GWRRA rag. I was wrong. Last issue I read was some gal talking about how neat she was on the trike and the two guys she rode with were jerks. That tore the shirt.

Guess I am as grumpy as George....

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Right on, Harry......

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Tried their magazine - did not figure it could be worse than the GWRRA rag. I was wrong. Last issue I read was some gal talking about how neat she was on the trike and the two guys she rode with were jerks. That tore the shirt.

Guess I am as grumpy as George....
Maybe she was right?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts