GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of trike wings will it help or hurt my gas mileage will it keep a lot of bugs off my fenders.:?:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It won't hurt your gas mileage. It will keep your knees cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. It will also help keep those rear fenders a bit cleaner.

Which color did you get?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got the clear ones, best thing I did. Almost nothing on the rear fenders. U won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I got the smoked one.
Excellent choice! Those are the only ones that are nearly unbreakable.

I originally got the clear ones and within several months there where stress fractures on them.
Baker replaced them with the smoke ones, with no hassel.
Great company to deal with. :thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
A great product. But there is one thing to know and remember when installing. DO NOT over-tighten the mounting clamps. The wings are supposed to be snug but movable.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I've got them on my trike but haven't ridden enough to give a review. ( second surgery messed me up ). Beastie- hoo-ra Charley

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Don is a nice guy, but no photographer :!: :lol::lol::lol:

Here is a better view of Trike Wings,,, Couldn't resist it Don

·
Registered
278 Posts
Soooo, can you not run highwat pegs if you use the wings?

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I have floorboards with mine.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
:confused: See above photo
:roll: Crap,,, I thought the lazic sergury I just had 2 weeks ago was supposed to IMPROVE my vision :eek:. How did I not see that.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ahhhh ok, nothing more then the wind deflectors on all the bikes. The word "Trike" threw me...

Wife wants me to get some. I have em under the mirror now, but am looking at Baker's for the whole set now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts