GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It's supposed to get up into the mid-60's today in Kansas City and we've been dealing with a lot of single digits & teens for quite awhile now. I'm going to throw the jumper cables in the trunk and head out for a ride today. I've got a full charge now from the trickle charger so hopefully will be okay since it took a week for it to go dead this last time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Excellent advice 'Motorcycle Jack'..........if this only started after the conversion something is pinched, unplugged or miswired.
You are absolutely right. Turns out the backup lights had been wired backwards so they were constantly drawing on the battery. The draw was very slight so it took about a week to make the battery go dead. The problem is now fixed.

HOWEVER, while riding home last Saturday from Arkansas to KC, we got about half way home and my boyfriend, who was riding in front of me, said one of my dim headlights started going off & on. Now both dim headlights are doing it. It wasn't doing this before, so hopefully it's just a lose connection. Since I am clueless on how to check, I'll be taking it to the dealership (local in KC) to have it looked at.

I'll sure be happy when all these little nuisances are worked out and I can just enjoy riding.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Wow Lisa, you have really had a tough time with the new trike. Hope it gets resolved soon. Let us know the results of the headlights problem.

Ken

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Lisa, glad they have gotten to the bottom of the no-start issue and hope they get the dim light flicker issue resolved soon!

:biker:

41 - 46 of 46 Posts