GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this quesiton in the General area, thought I would post it here also.

I have a friend that lives in the Seattle area and is looking to purchase a trike. He is doing some preliminary checks. I was wondering if anyone in that area might be able to provide websites or comparison information between the GW and HD.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I had a 06 Ultra Classic and was thinking about triking it out....first I would have to spend about 5000.00 on upgrading the engine, then maybe a 6speed trans conversion, another 600.00.....then I still would have to deal with the heat issue.....and after all this, the GW would still outrun it on three wheels stock!!!!!

Really, I love the looks of the UC, it's art...but bottom line the wing just flat outpreforms the UC, hands down...

Your friend will have a hard choice, but if he wants comfort, power, easy operation, less maintenance and plans on pulling a trailer with the trike, he should give serious though to the Goldwing....plus, builting in Navagation and ABS.....

They're both nice rides, but when triking one out, the wing is just better a trike

Just my opinon and I've owned 20 Harleys.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
seattle area trike

Have your friend contact Dauntless Motors in Enumclaw, Wa www.dauntlessmotors.com. They only do trikes, and side cars and related items. They are very excellent. Hinshaws Honda in Auburn, WA is a trike dealer.

Good luck,

Jim

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Caddy, I too contemplated triking out my HD. But lack of horsepower plus the additional cost of installing a reverse swayed me. So I sold the HD, and used part of the proceeds to trike out my Wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts