GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 CSC kit new Avon tire 39 psi pressure new fork seals and it always pulls to the right have to keep pressure on bars to hold straight even on straight flat roads! Any ideas? Thanks guys really appreciate any and all info!

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you swap the rear tires from side to side does the pull go to the left?

Is the rear sitting 100 percent square to the front?

Is the front axle parallel to the ground? In other words, is one fork tube slightly higher than the other?

Are there any camber issues with either the front or rear tires?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Do you have the same air pressure in "both" your rear tires???

Ronnie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have the same pressure in both rear tires all three tires are brand new I change the fork seals I’ll have to check the forks again to see if my problem may be there on fork height! Thanks guys, Jym..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Almost all highways are crowned in the center.

This can make them pull away from the center.

Barney
I fully agree but he should have noticed this before he put on new tires.
Could possibly be a bad belt in a tire but that should also give a little viberation.
Let us know what you find out that is causing the problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have tested this same issue on long streches where no traffic is present and actually crossed into the opposing lane and the tug to the right became a tug to the left, proving to me that the crown in the road actually does adversely affect handling. I now keep 3 extra pounds of air in my right rear tire and that helps alleviate the pull.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
will it still pull the same direction going down the freeway in the left lane (road crown to the left)? That would confirm the the trike has an issue or if it’s just the American roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts