GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if any Trike conversions incorporate the Honda ABS brake system.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
All of them do now, or should I say it is your choice if you wish it. But all have the capability for that. Cost is like a couple hundred bucks for the inclusion of that option.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of them do now, or should I say it is your choice if you wish it. But all have the capability for that. Cost is like a couple hundred bucks for the inclusion of that option.
Thanks Kit: by following the other Boards I know you have done the research. Just for curiosity sake what was your final choice,I can't tell by the photo?:bow::bow:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Thanks Kit: by following the other Boards I know you have done the research. Just for curiosity sake what was your final choice,I can't tell by the photo?:bow::bow:
I went with Motor Trike. They are all good, but I can say the brakes on mine work very well. Those oversize rotors and pads and metal lines sure stop you when you want to stop. I also put 17 inch rims on it which match the powerband quite well. Unless over 60 mph I never even use fifth gear.

However they are all good, if set up properly, problems simply mean something is not done right.

I still need to get my front rim powder coated, but hey it is riding time, I will do that this next winter.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hello Kit, that's new news to me that they all can retain abs brakes now. I was told 3 months ago that the Roadsmith (Trikeshop) would not retain the abs. When I had my Motortrike a couple of years ago they did not. Also Champion did not then. The only ones I know that do is Hannigan and CSC that retain the abs brakes, if I'm wrong (been there many times before) please someone correct me.
Ron

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hello Kit, that's new news to me that they all can retain abs brakes now. I was told 3 months ago that the Roadsmith (Trikeshop) would not retain the abs. When I had my Motortrike a couple of years ago they did not. Also Champion did not then. The only ones I know that do is Hannigan and CSC that retain the abs brakes, if I'm wrong (been there many times before) please someone correct me.
Ron
Just 6 months ago I was shopping for a trike conversion for my '06 wing. Roadsmith, Lehman, Hannigan did not offer to keep the ABS at any cost.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Order what you like, $299 bucks and you can have ABS retained on the Roadsmith. Two years ago I was 185 pounds, today times have moved on and I am 195 pounds, Trike Kits have also kept up with the times. ;)

hdtr-2014-copy-copy.pdf

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Now I know why you went to three wheels.... that HDTR sheet is for a Harley, This is the HT & HTS 1800 Roadsmith sheet: http://www.trikeshop.com/media/docs/hts1800-2014-copy-copy-copy.pdf

No on the Goldwing retaining ABS sorry there my friend!! Bubble popped!!

NEXT......
Oh well, I really thought they did retain it. So bubble is sad and deflated and popped. Lol. ;) It does get confusing sometimes.

I know for six months I had it narrowed down to the Motor Trike or the Roadsmith and I kept seeing all these posts about hard stopping with a Roadsmith. That was one reason I migrated away from that particular one.

So I guess the true facts are they all retain this with the exception of RoadSmith.

I just read the installation instructions quickly again for that one and it does instruct to disable ABS, reroute the lines and that kind of thing. I have a set of installation instructions for three of them so far, Motor Trike, RoadSmith and CSC.

Please have mercy, I have PA after my name, practicing A.......fill in the blanks. ;)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
A riding buddy has a Hannigan...he told me it didn't have ABS. Well come to find out, it didn't have ABS as a 2 wheeler. My bad. Sorry. I can say for sure that the Roadsmith was not available with ABS on a Goldwing conversion for the 2013 HT1800.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Yes, the Hannigan will keep the ABS, at no additional costs, if the two wheeler starts out as an ABS bike. I also must say that this girl of mine stops real well when she is asked too, but prefers to "get up and go." I try and keep her in 4th gear but she is a wild one I tell ya. But then you know how those Red Heads are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts