GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a lot of threads here about different trikes. I have not posted many posts on here. I believe maybe five at most. There are a lot of people here that know a lot about trikes. That is why I have not posted many threads. They had already answered the persons question. I need to give some info on myself. I am Canadian and live in a small community called Penetanguishene Ont. I built my first trike in 1996 using an 1100 goldwing. In 2000 I bought a 2000 Goldwing SE and installed a Lehman trike kit. I was one of the last persons that Lehman sold a trike kit to. Shortly afterward, only their dealers could installed their trike kits. I have been riding trikes since 1997. I am also a high AK [above knee] amputee so why the need of a trike. I have worked on many of them around the greater area of Toronto. There was a post which stated a fellow by the name of TRYKER was posting and nobody knew anything about him. This is why I am posting this to let everyone know I am not new to trikes. Boy, the longer I read about trikes, the more I realize how little I actually know about them. On this forum I have learned a wholle lot more about the many trikes out there. I hope I am not boring anyone but should I post a post, some of you might remember me. Roger

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey Roger, how about posting up a picture of you and your ride. Would love to see it. Are you a double or single?

I am sure that I can speak for many here on the trike board when I say, post up, join in, and have a blast. Lots of really good folks who post here, and yes, I am sad to report, a few who will take advantage of our great sponsor of this board, HDL, for their own personal gain. That part is a shame given that one would hope folks would be able to do the right thing, based on good Christian principles. Some wear the patch, while others really are able to do “his work” the way he would be proud, but no worries, as we all know it takes all kinds.

As for me, I welcome another amputee to the board. Would be my pleasure to meet up with you and put a handshake on ya. I use to get up to a few places in Canada all the time with wheelchair sports, but this getting old thing is for the birds. I had a great deal of fun in Toronto and loved the city.

If you ever find yourself passing through Maryland, be sure to give me a holler.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Read the post you mentioned from Tryker. Don't know him. But, he sounds like someone that is sold on his conversion. That's great. I'm sold on my Hannigan. Most are sold on the one they each selected.
I post quite often about trikes.
My history is about 4years of studying, talking, testing every major brand and visiting, meeting, talking to and reviewing the shops of installers reasonably close to me, while deciding which to choose. This is after riding and wrenching on my and other's bikes since 1967.
Long story short-ended up w/a Hannigan for my 1800Wing, installed at a shop about 5hrs from my home.
When the job was done and the trike was delivered, wife and I were both so impressed w/the Hannigan and the way we were treated and the way the conversion was done, even though retired, I wanted to be involved w/this business some way.
I was given a sales rep position.
The point of all this is to let everyone know(most already do)that I am associated with one of the best and most knowledgeable installers in the country(we're up to 5 locations around the country now).
I have no hidden agenda other than to help anyone I can. If someone ends up buying from us great, if not that's OK to.
Can't mention/post who I am affiliated with as he is no longer a sponsor of this board(that's a whole 'nother story!)
I am envious of you in that when I first started looking, I wanted to do my own install. Quickly found out I was limited to 3 units, none of which I cared for.
Only concern w/this forum is there are a few that do have hidden agendas and they make sure they divert many posts with their idiocy, debasing, name calling, etc. There is an ignore button which one can use or as you learn who these people are, you just ignore their posts.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for posting a picture of my trike, I do not know how to do it. I do have a web site which has many photos of my trike on it. Go to www.rainbowaccentlighting.com and you will see some photos. Maybe on of you computer whiz guys can take a photo from there and post it on the this web site. i am a single amputee unable to wear a prosthetic. Have no stump at all. I ambulate on crutches but like you do not let it stop me from riding.

As for Hannigan trikes, that company started with the present owners son in Toronto Canada. His fathers shop was at Warden Avenue and Ellemere road in Scarborough. He produced at that time fairings, saddle bags, trunks for motorcycles especially BMW;s. His mfg also included sidecars for the beemers, wings and other bikes. Some of the present day sidecars are the same models produced then or look a likes. I also believe at one time he had a BMW dealership. Could be wrong on that one. There were so many Beemers around that shop maybe that is why I think he had a dealership.

He out grew that shop and moved to Oakville Ontario about I would say thirty miles to the south west of Toronto. When Honda came out in the eighties with full dressed touring bikes, that really put a damper in those sales. He continued on with side cars but do not remember if he had started to build trailers then . His son then took over the business and then I heard he had moved to the states where his son went big time with sidecars, trikes, trailers etc. Really glad to see a "CANADIAN BOY" make it good in the states. I think they still hold Canadian citizenship but would not bet the farm on that. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts