GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all I've been lurking around for a while and have picked up alot of useful info on this board. I'm going to trike my 08 GW and need a good installer. The one thing I've learned from the search engine is getting a good installer is more important than the company that makes the trike kit. Other than Leola Motortrike near Lancaster are there any other installers within 2 hrs of Aberdeen, Md.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
bateauman, I might suggest that you take a look at each of the leading builders web page and check the listings for builders in our area. I happen to know and like the Leola folks, and also know Jim at Lehman in Martinsburg, WV (about 2 1/2 hours for you). I am sure the CSC, Hannigan, DFT and others have folks near by as well. I am just not that familure with them at this point.

You might want to check around, however, as I seem to recall some discussion about the possibility of builders not wanting to trike out airbag models. Seems there was some concern about setting off the airbags, but that may have been addressed by now.

Good luck with your search and if you would like to check out a Motor Trike up close, give me a holler as I would be happy to let you give mine a spin. Good luck with your project.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trike installer

Thanks Wheels, my bike is up to Leola now. I should get it back next week sometime. 5 Nights I sat here and went thru every post I could find that made any reference to an installer. I read your post about Leola and went up there and spoke with Ron. I was satisfied that he knows what he's doing, and the fact that he also gives a warranty on his work for 3 yrs. is good deal too. Thanks for the info and I hope to meet you one these days.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Keep me posted:thumbup:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
FYI most conversion kits come w/a manufacturers 3 year warranty, if the conversion is done by one of their authorized installers.
What does Ron mean by "his work" having a 3 year warranty?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Manufactures warranty usually only covers parts......
So 3 years on the work should cover the actual install not just the parts....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
FYI most conversion kits come w/a manufacturers 3 year warranty, if the conversion is done by one of their authorized installers.
What does Ron mean by "his work" having a 3 year warranty?
Tom, as I am sure you know Motor Trike offers one of the industries leading warrantees with a 3 year 36,000 mile coverage. The good folks at Leola then add to that a 3 year, 36000 mile warranty on the craftsmanship of their build, so you are basically covered on all aspects of the build. The kit and the install. With your extensive knowledge of installers, I am sure you would agree this is a great service for both the kit, and the install. Certainly a good choice of both the kit and the installer.:thumbup::congrats:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Guess I thought the warranty covered anything that went wrong for 3 years, which includes "things" that could be blamed on a factory trained installer-guess everybody is not the same:shrug:

A not to be named local installer really messed one up a few years ago to the point the manufacturer had the owner take it to another one of their installers where it was disassembled and reassembled correctly and the manufacturerer picked up the cost as warranty.
The real strange thing is that installer that messed up is still in business and is still an installer for that manufacturer. That I don't understand.
He was crossed off my list as soon as I discovered that event.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
. . . guess everybody is not the same . . .
That's for sure!!!! All one has to do is a search for trike installers on the internet and it is amazing how some of the same names turn up time and time again as doing a poor job, or stiffing customers, making promises they don't keep, and on and on.

Can't wait to see pics of this new trike and hop that we can get together on a MAM Family Ride.:thumbup:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
And there are some advertising on the internet that know how to do an excellent job and correct the mistakes of others and do a lot of the fixes free of charge.
I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
triking an 08 goldwing

Wheels, thanks for taking that question, to tell you the truth I was kind of taken back how it was jumped on reference Leola standing behind thier work for 3 years. Nobody had much to say when I was looking for info and now all kind of advise is available. Anyhow thanks, when I get it back I'll post some pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts